PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2019
Hello All!

Outside the forum I'm Joe, but here, I'm Helm Hammerhand. Pleasure to meet you all and looking forward to chatting on the forum! I've been a pipe smoker coming on 5 years and I really enjoy virginia, vaper, and kentucky blends alongside a light english, but I've waltzed with a vanilla or maple aromatic in my time. Each year of pipe smoking has been a new experience, and within the last one I have somehow doubled my pipe collection! As my tastes change with the seasons, its easy to have ebbs and flows with tobacco blends, but I have indeed surprised myself and my wallet with my new foray into pipe collecting. This is largely the result of getting wrapped-up lately in estate restorations, which I can't seem to get enough of! I've finished 10 pipes since mid-June and almost got around now to having smoked each one. I bought 5 from an eBay action for ~$12ea. The other 5 were fine gifts from a family member who gave me their dad and granddad's pipes (there's a huge meer in there!). Restoring them has been extremely rewarding and I've another pipe on the way to keep working. I'll make my first post showing them off!

Farewell For Now!

HH

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome!
This may help when it comes to photos:
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay; Amazon Pinterest; Facebook; an online Pipe retailer; you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos under "Latest Discussions" in different formats:

LINK to that thread

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome, Helm! That is awesome that you've been restoring pipes. I know a few of the guys here do it, and I can only imagine the satisfaction that comes from a smoke in a pipe you restored to glory.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.
I approach restoration from the other end. I take pipes that have been made beautiful and restore them to their previously unkempt state over the course of time.
It's the pipe "circle of life"... :lol:
jay-roger.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I approach restoration from the other end. I take pipes that have been made beautiful and restore them to their previously unkempt state over the course of time.
Brilliant! Sorta a derestoration, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.