PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
This stuff is awesome. What a beautiful Smoke!!
savinelli-roma-706-002-033-23861.jpg

I have read that Haddo's Delight needs to be aged and that it is not that good when fresh. Well this tin is not even 3 months old. If it gets better than this, then I have a lot to look forward to.
It was good to the last drop. Nothing but fine ash. Not a bite in sight. I was really sorry that is was over. I wonder if it would be as good in a larger bowl?

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Great pipe and great bakkie!!! I have been sitting on a tin or two of Haddo's for a couple years now... maybe it's time!! Your experience is inspirational!! :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Now that puts me in a spot, with an unopened tin of Haddo looking at me from the top of my pipe cabinet. I'll wait a while, but the while may be getting shorter.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I actually prefer Haddo's in a small narrow bowl. I'm glad you've had a good experience, it's a blend I just recently stocked up on.

Haddo's is amazing. This is my #2 favorite tobacco.

Curious what your number 1 is?

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
The Beast. Given that it's no longer available Haddo's will likely move to #1 when I'm all out. Now i'm actually looking for something in the same ballpark as Haddo's to try next....

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I wouldn't say that Haddo's gets "better" with aging. It gets a little different as the components age. It still tastes like Haddo's. From my personal experience, Haddo's becomes a bit more mellow with age. There's less edge, less harshness. The Virginias become a bit more flavorful and the Perique more fruity. But it's not an epochal change. I enjoy Haddo's when it has a couple of years on it and I enjoy it when it has a lot of years on it. I'm not as big a fan when it's fresh from a new tin.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
Haddo's, no longer available, blah blah, blah, blah. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Another I'll never have....

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Haddo's, no longer available, blah blah, blah, blah. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Another I'll never have....

Created in 2000 well before the FDA cutoff.
I wouldn't say that Haddo's gets "better" with aging. It gets a little different as the components age. It still tastes like Haddo's. From my personal experience, Haddo's becomes a bit more mellow with age. There's less edge, less harshness. The Virginias become a bit more flavorful and the Perique more fruity. But it's not an epochal change. I enjoy Haddo's when it has a couple of years on it and I enjoy it when it has a lot of years on it. I'm not as big a fan when it's fresh from a new tin.
That's really insightful. Many of the comments read like fresh Haddo's is a chrysalis for the lord's own daily smoke.
Edit: Stan, nice pipe! Is that a 701 or 710...?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That's really insightful. Many of the comments read like fresh Haddo's is a chrysalis for the lord's own daily smoke.
My guess is that they haven't smoked it with 16 years on it. I have and for me it's much more flavorful with less harshness. But my preference isn't necessarily anyone elses.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Created in 2000 well before the FDA cutoff.
Sorry my initial comment likely contributed to that confusion. I mean that now that THE BEAST is no longer available, Haddo's will likely be my #1 choice when I run out of the stock I have of The Beast.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The Beast. Given that it's no longer available Haddo's will likely move to #1 when I'm all out. Now i'm actually looking for something in the same ballpark as Haddo's to try next....

I didn't get my hands on a tin, unfortunately. I don't think I like the small batch idea very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.