PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Grabbed a tin of this today while I was in phili...
One bowl and I am on sensory overload... and lack the experience to describe this one responsibly... I do like it, but it doesn't strike me as an all day smoke.
It's quite unlike any others I have tried...
anyone fond of this blend and have any input?

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
That is a blend I need to revisit. I was relatively new to VA/Pers when I first smoked it. Thanks for reminding me to add it to the next order. I think I will appreciate it a lot more this time around.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I'm a big fan of Hado's Delight... But if your not used to heavy blends, then you might want to sit down otherwise it can knock you on your ass...lol.
I would also add that if your not used to these type of blends to smoke very slow... Otherwise you will feel it.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Raisins,figs,chocolate and wee bit of rum . A perique power house with the finest Virginas and a touch of white Burley . Hits harder than Mike Tyson and will make you see double and the room will spin causes violent convulsions and severe hicups . Yep I like it .

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Many smokers find Haddo's a bit strong for their tastes but it is a wonderful blend. If you ever get a chance to try some that is at least five years old you will really have a great smoke.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Embarcadero has the same effect , I think these are the strongest blends in the line . Mr Ghost makes a fine point that some blends need time to be enjoyed at thier fullest potential .

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
It's been in my rotation for years -- truly delicious stuff. You might also give Exhausted Rooster from C&D a try, too. They are fairly similar, only the Exhausted Rooster has a higher proportion of burley than virginia.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I have an open tin that I can't smoke. For my taste it is maybe the worst I have smoked in a long time. It was pretty disappointing considering how many peeps like it.

irishflake

Might Stick Around
Jun 30, 2012
Michigan
After the first half of the bowl wherein I am seized with hiccuping and gagging, with a pronounced lump in the throat, it is delicious. But I smoke too fast and I am trying to cure myself of this....

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
This is great to me. I am only on my second tin, had one close to a year ago now. It is really sweet, and if you pay attention you can definitely get all the fruits from the tin description. I have been smoking it a ton the last few days.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It used to be one of my favorites and I still love the flavor, but unfortunately I have become a pussy when it comes to red virginia's and Haddo's now bites me bad. I am pretty pissed because I love the taste and strength of the stuff. It is a world class blend in my opinion but definitely not an all day smoke. Great for after a big meal with a 20 year old Tawny Port or Cognac.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Lawrence's review rocks. For those who need a shot of Latakia in everything they smoke, try Two Friends' Valle Crucis. It's very similar to Haddo's (and to some extent Cairo), but it's laced with Latakia.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i think haddo's can be an all day smoke because it smokes so dry. never gunks up a pipe. i smoke it or esoterica dunbar almost every day but i do smoke lighter stuff at certain times of day, particularly evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.