PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I really love Haddo's. When I open a tin it is gone in no time. I never seem to want anything else. Are there any similar blends I should try? I want to expand my horizons.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Nothing really close but more of a, “if you like Haddo’s you should also try,” Sixpence. C&D’s small batch The Beast.
That’s all I really got (and one of em isn’t even currently available, sorry).

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Hot take here, and probably all the hotter considering my employer, but I find the body and profile of HH Acadian Perique to be somewhat similar. They're definitely different blends, with Haddo's being sweeter and Acadian Perique being more tangy/umami, but I find there's itch that gets scratched in the same way with both blends.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hot take here, and probably all the hotter considering my employer, but I find the body and profile of HH Acadian Perique to be somewhat similar. They're definitely different blends, with Haddo's being sweeter and Acadian Perique being more tangy/umami, but I find there's itch that gets scratched in the same way with both blends.

I always appreciate when an employee gives an honest answer such as you’ve done here. I think it speaks volumes about the employer and the employee.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Valle Crucis is unique because of its flavor profile which contains ginger. A very interesting smoke. Haddo's has rum.

C&D USS Mason is similar bur uses brandy, so again, the flavor profile is a bit different. All good blends in my book.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jeeze, now I'm reluctant to open my tin. Don't want to get hooked on one thing too much. Variety is my delight. My tin has been around a while, should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.