PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
A balmy 68 degrees in upstate NY. I had to get a smoke in.
p2Mdyxf.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

77 degrees in Ohio today with storms on the way.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
I was out yesterday afternoon, on the pre-frontal SE winds, at the SW corner of Lake Ontario imaging early Arctic migrating hawks. This is a professional Rough-legged Hawk. An adult male, veteran of some seasons in the bigs. The semi-pro Roughlegs are waiting, biological clock-wise, for a later season call-up.

[when I send this type of image around, I title it, "A recent self-portrait"]

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
Well... "Upstate" is based on an NYC POV. So anything north of Peekskill is "Upstate". As in, "Your cousin, the drug dealer, is Upstate serving three to five".
Ithaca is Upstate. It is also the Southern Tier, and vaguely Central NY. Certainly: "The Finger Lakes", but you know that.
Go "Little Red", if you are a native of The People's Republic of Ithaca, where Ithaca is Gorges.
My favorite Ithaca bumper sticker reads, "Don't Vote, It Only Encourages Them "

Dec 28, 2015
It was 80 degrees in north Mississippi today. Rode around in the jeep with the top down. But high tomorrow is supposed to be 50. Enjoy it while you can I guess.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
snowyowl, great picture.
I grew up In Syracuse. And I'm used to people thinking that every place in NY above NYC is thought as upstate.
I watched a recent American Pickers show. They said they were in upstate NY picking, when in fact they were in the Catskill Mt area, which is the southern tier of NYS.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
lasttango,
Where in Upstate NY? I grew up in Ithaca.
Syracuse, when it used to be a calm, low crime area. But that was back in the day of no Tv, but a large console radio, when milk was delivered by the milkman in a horse drawn wagon, and I had to walk to the ice house to get ice for the icebox.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
79 degrees in Western MD for the past few days, now 61 degrees this am, smoking outside!
The Flyers/Penguins are supposed to play their "Outdoor Classic" today in Pittsburgh. It's supposed to be colder there fast, with even some snow possible by the end of the game.
http://www.wtae.com/article/flyers-penguins-hoping-for-a-dash-of-winter-at-heinz-field/8978670
This must be the end times!

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Born and raised in Buffalo. I always love when people refer to Buffalo as "upstate". People have a strange concept of "up". Buffalo is no questions asked, Western New York and the proper way to refer to it, IMO.
They broke a temperature record on Friday at 71˚.

Status
Not open for further replies.