PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Got home about an hour ago from a concert. The band I saw was called Sleigh Bells(they don't play Christmas music), they're one of my favorite bands. It was an awesome show, very energetic, and just over all amazing. I haven't been to a concert in awhile, and all I've done is work lately, so it was nice to just let loose. Their music isn't for everyone, but I love it. My friend Jeff came along with me, and it was his first concert. He had a great time as well, considering it is one of the best I've been to(and I've gone to many), he picked a good one for his first time.
Here are two of my favorite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmFgejWZjtg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z8ppcFGPlY

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Not my cup of tea, but I enjoy listening to new music - I never know when I'll run across something I enjoy, so thanks for sharing. That singer looks like a problem! I can see her being entertaining live.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Sleigh Bells kick ass!!!!! I saw them perform a couple of years ago and was absolutely blown away. Heavy dance music with a very "boombastic" feel to it! Glad you enjoyed the show.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Sounds like good music to meet some ladies, any luck?

I was too absorbed in the music for that. And even if I did, the show was in Detroit, which is over an hour away from me. I doubt they would live close to me.

I can see her being entertaining live

Oh yeah, she really works the stage. She crowd surfed while she was singing for a bit too.

Sleigh Bells kick ass!!!

Hell yeah they do! They just dropped their third album, it's awesome.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Any recommendations for an album to start out with?

I started with their first album, but they're all good. Both songs I posted are from their first album, Treats. Most songs on that are like the second song I posted. Their second album, Reign of Terror, is cleaner, more emotional, and has a slight metal tinge to it. Their newest album, Bitter rivals is like their second, but not as emotional, and with more melody. Like I said before, their music is not for everyone, but I can't recommend them enough. I listened to them most of the drive home from the concert, then when I got home I listened to all their albums back to back twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.