PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Started yesterday off by waking up to bright blue sky and big, white, puffy clouds. A perfect day for a motorcycle ride with my buddies!
The wife made me some from scratch, pumpkin-coconut milk waffles before I departed. A real tasty treat and a fitting breakfast for this cooler, crisp morning. An ode to Autumn. Filled up a travel mug with hot coffee for my newly installed Kruzer Kaddy, then I was off to rendezvous with three other friends to ride a very scenic loop through the Idaho mountains with lots of fun twisties.
It was quite brisk as we gained elevation, and I wished I had worn thicker riding gloves, but you really couldn't ask for better riding conditions. We rode along the South Fork of the Payette River and stopped along the river in Lowman to enjoy some coffee and a smoke. Walking around with a pipe full of "Taste of Summer", breathing in the clean mountain air, admiring the towering Ponderosa pines, having some laughs with friends. Just about as good as it gets. And only one relight on my pipe!
10678690_10152670485203252_3373959168374037544_n.jpg

^^^Me smoking^^^

We continued our trek, and stopped for lunch in Idaho City at one of my favorite joints. Finger steaks made out of prime rib, fresh cut fries and a piece of pie the size of your head (two of us couldn't even eat half the piece). After that meal, it was a miracle that none of us fell asleep on the ride back to Boise!
Once we got back into town, I got a text that another friend was going to have a bonfire and do some beer and scotch sampling at his house after the kids went to bed. We were offered a DD and we reconvened at his house later that night. Sampled a couple vintages of Glenfiddich, Talisker and numerous different beers. I also got to smoke some golden VA flake in my MM Cobwarden by the fire. Bliss.
Another positive is that I got my friend AND his wife to smoke some pipes! They both really enjoyed it, but I had to teach them to not smoke it like a pot pipe. College habits I guess. They eventually got the hang of it and tried three varieties of tobacco (the straight VA was their favorite).
Overall, I don't know how the day could have been better!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like a good tribe of biking hombres, but the breakfast your wife made you, oooh-la-la!

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Good for you Macabra. Sounded like a perfect day. I am envious, especially of that cooler weather. Thanks for sharing

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Just friggin' awesome the whole way through ... nice!!
My bike is gathering dust ... very sad.
You're story has inspired me to get on that problem! :D

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Wow, what an awesome day. Stoked for you and glad you took full advantage of the holiday, brother! Cheers!

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
cobcuy, you should totally get the bike out and go for a ride. I don't ride as much as I should, but when I do it is such a great feeling. I started making modifications to my bike this year to turn it into recliner on wheels. Next year I get pipes, new grips and maybe a Sena Bluetooth insert for my helmet(s). Then I can ride and stream baseball games at the same time!
I do need ride more to build up some iron butt. I have a comfy seat, but after 150 miles my rump sure is sore today!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
maybe a Sena Bluetooth insert for my helmet(s). Then I can ride and stream baseball games at the same time!
Have you seen the "Skully" helmet being developed ... pretty cool!
http://www.skullysystems.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.