PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Last night flipping through the TV saw a commercial for a upcoming Hactfiled and Mccoy 3 part series. Kevin Coster was the leader of one group, and in several of the screen shots had a pipe in mouth. So we have people shooting, fighting, running around , and smoking pipes. This has to be must watch TV.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
Yea but,I would say they are uneducated pipe smokers and would not fit in with PM users.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I've been watching the commercials, Kevin Costner is smoking one cool looking pipe. Wish I knew who made it, its obviously an artisan made piece.

I'm stealing the design. Who wants a Anse Hatfield Cutty ? :D

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
http://www.history.com/shows/hatfields-and-mccoys?paidlink=1&cmpid=PaidSearch_Google_Tune_HIS_hatfields%2B&%2Bmccoys_hatfields%2Band%2Bmccoys&utm_source=google_tune&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hatfields%20&%20mccoys&utm_term=hatfields%20and%20mccoys
Memorial Day, Lawrence.

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
Before I decide, I'll have to figure if I'm a Hatfield or a McCoy.......

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I must admit my ignorance, I really don't know all that much about this story... is it "Hatfield" or "Hactfiled"?

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Hatfield and McCoy are about two families that feud in the mid to late 1800s. One of the McCoys was murdered and a member of the Hatfields was believed to be the culprit because of the McCoy man joined the Union army instead of the confederacy. Various other things happen to keep the feud going for years. It is a very famous feud in the US.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm familiar with the phrase but never really knew the particulars. Thanks Photoman13 (and yes, I'm American.)

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
True Hatfield here watch what ya say bout my family.@ :rofl:
My grandmother was a Hatfield still have family reunions near west virgina border.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
You maybe correct that is just what I heard. I was unaware of the story until I saw the commercial as well. Regardless of which it looks like it will be phenomenal.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
A famous American feud, but fairly minor as feuds go. Some of those old Scottish clan feuds went on a long time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.