Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Where can I find this? Opinions on it?

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. dulgunz

dulgunz

Login to Send PM

I thought you were talking about cp's! Sorry, never heard of it.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. jimbo44

jimbo44

Login to Send PM

It was a shop blend from Century City Tobacco Shoppe in West Los Angeles that Richard Carleton Hacker referred to in his 1984 The Ultimate Pipe Book; doubt it still exists 30 odd years later.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. huntertrw

huntertrw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

In "The Ultimate Pipe Book" author Richard Carleton Hacker had this to say concerning that tobacco blend: "For many pipe smokers, myself included, there is no such thing as brand loyalty when it comes to selecting a pipe tobacco. For me, the closest I have come to a repeat performance with any one single mixture is occasionally buying half pound bags of a wonderful medium English concoction sold by the Century City Tobacco Shoppe in West Los Angeles, California called, appropriately enough, Hacker's Sporting Blend. The proprietor of the shop insists he named it after me, but all I know is that he has an awful lot of golfers and computer hobbiests buying the same brand."

The Century City Tobacco Shoppe (10250 Santa Monica Boulevard - in the Century City Shopping Center in Los Angeles) is out of business. For details regarding this tobacco you might try contacting Mr. Hacker via e-mail at info@richardcarletonhacker.com.

I hope that you find this information to be helpful.

Love Me, Love My Pipe
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jaytex969, elpfeife, 64alex, canucklehead, craig61a, oldtoby, trudger, yuda, gerryp, lightxmyfire, bluegrassbrian, rsobel993, ajohnb, lochinvar