PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Many pipe tobacco blends are offered in both tinned and bulk varieties. But is there a difference between the two? The short answer is no, not really. It's the exact same blend, just packaged differently. Usually, it's even made at the same time; one portion of the batch gets tinned, while some of it goes into bags and is sent to distributors/retailers for sale. So if they're the same when they start out, how do you decide when to buy bulk and when to buy tinned? They both exist for a reason, right? Here are a handful of questions to consider when it comes to buying bulk and tinned tobacco.
Guide To Buying Tinned & Bulk Tobacco

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Great post for beginners! Even had some stuff I hadn't considered. More often than not, I but what ever I see first:)

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Can't wait to take a look at this when I have some time. Thanks for sharing!

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
There may be some differences in taste because tinned tobacco will age differently than bulk and even a short aging time can make a difference for some. My palate is not sophisticated enough to pick up such differences, so I buy bulk when both are available because it is less expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.