PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Iwan Ries! Yes brothers, in exactly one week from today I'll be poking around one of the most famous tobacco shops of all time. I need to set a money limit on myself. I've been known to go overboard..:

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Make sure to have a smoke in their lounge. It's worth the price of admission if you've got two hours to kill. Almost always a conversation in there ... lots of times with quasi-conservative conspiracy theorists, but it's always interesting.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Unless you have a plan to buy a special pipe, you really ought to buy one of their Iwan Ries Exclusives house

pipes with their name stamped on it. They are Bentons, mostly, made of Algerian briar, and they are excellent

smokers for $34 to $54, or so.

Dec 24, 2012
I was there in April. It's a neat shop, but they need to do something about that entrance. When I went in the door off the street, I felt like I was in a crackhouse, and then you take this rickety elevator up to the store. Once you get there, its nice though.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Coat of paint would be nice. But I kind of like it, like my favorite professor's office at the top of a high stair in an old tower at the University of Chicago. Going there put you in a different space.

Status
Not open for further replies.