PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well I guess it was bound to happen. The wife got the mail today(not normal) and found my bank statments. She opened them and asked about a new account I had set up. She saw how much was in it and well let's just say she has now planned a trip for this weekend that is going to use up my PAD, TAD stash. Why? :crying:

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Thanks Lawrence. The bad thing is I told her I was putting money a side for my hobby. I wasn't lieing. Now she has hotel reservations that are non refundable. 8O

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Oh do you have alot to learn...............

1 secret bank account rent po box and have statement sent to it.

2 Always have a a bro back you up when you save enough money to get what you want when she sees it she will a bro will say it was a gift for something you did in the past that really helped them out.

3 If 1&2 should fail a weekend at a B&B and shopping is in order.

or do what i do Envoke man laws.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I will go along with the "honesty is the best policy" statement; however, if you are honest, and she does that kind of thing; well that is just wrong.
Everyone needs things that give them enjoyment. If she is taking your PAD/ TAD money, while not being deprived of her own hobbies or enjoyments, then you might want to think about standing up for yourself.
Not that I'm some great example of a manly man who will never be tread upon, but I will not allow myself be usurped on matters of the heart.... mainly alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and the use thereof.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Pay attention kiddos. Things never to do if you want to stay married.
1. Have a secrect bank account.
2. Lie to your wife about the money you're spending. (because if she finds out she'll do that same thing, with your money)
Whenever you get back into the norm with your wife you should think about agreeing upon a set amount every month you're allowed to spend on the hobby. Write up a budget if you need to man. Plan it out. This isn't highschool and lying to your wife never ends well.
Good Luck and if she makes you sell stuff.... you know where to post. :rofl:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Honesty is the best policy.
^^^^ +1 ^^^^
Pay attention kiddos. Things never to do if you want to stay married.

1. Have a secrect bank account.

2. Lie to your wife about the money you're spending. (because if she finds out she'll do that same thing, with your money)
Even more +1 on this thing !
Advice: Talk about your hobbies (mutual), agree on a reasonable amount of time/money you can spend on it. Do it beforehand.. longer marriage. Don't agree.. don't get married ;-)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I am lucky. I don't have to hide or stash anything that I dedicate to the things that make me happy. My woman expects me to be me.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
Forget all this advice and listen to your heart. What is most important to you? When you are honest and have nothing to hide then decide if life is fair. You have to be fair before you can claim injustice. It is a hard balance. I repeat my first piece of advice - Forget all this advice and listen to your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.