PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I saw the postal carrier go down the street. I know she has my once backordered Black House Bulk, yet I have to leave for work and she is not making it anywhere near my mailbox. Grrr! :x

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me with the UPS truck 2 days ago.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Yeah I hate that sense of utter disappointment when you're waiting on that special parcel and the only thing out of the carriers bag is a few envelopes of junk mail.

highstump

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2010
I never watch for them. Just open the mailbox at times and...surprise! Merry Christmas to me. :D

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Yup. I work from home part of the week, and I always try to time my packages to when I'm there. Doesn't always happen. Which reminds me, I have some tracking numbers to check...

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
HA! Success! Caught her just in time. Happy uuuh. whatever day to me! Only 1 minute late for work. I guess that's $0.0005 cents I'll never see.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
My post-office is tiny, I live in a town of 3000. And they sure love it when I am at the desk saying "Hey are you SURE there isn't a big box from Italy back there for me? I mean, it really should probably maybe be here pretty soon, so you wanna go have another look? Nothing from Greece? Are you SURE SURE?"
They still let me in, but I don't know how long that will last.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
This is one advantage to working 2nd shift. I am usually around when the post office or UPS fella shows up. Also makes it easier to hide from the CFO as well (wife).

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Good thing she didn't get my goat!
goat.jpg

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Ah.. the lengths Baron goes through to protect his most prized possessions.. his pipes :rofl:
PS: Do you take her to work ?

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Thats funny man! mMy normal carrier was off today and my mail wasn't there at its normal time. An hour rolled by and i called the post office. They know me because of Ebay, but I asked what was going on and they explained that jeff took a sick day and it would be there. They said my parcel had the sort room smelling fantastic :)

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I live in the country, but near a small town, population 477. The mail carrier lives in a different county,

but sleeps on our couch when it snows. We are good friends. When a package arrives for me he calls. I can

drive a mile up the road to get it, or wait until about 10am for delivery. Being retired has it's perks!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I live in a place with notoriously bad postal service. I usually mail my packages from a neighboring town. The mail carrier gets there...whenever and calling the post office is a waste of time unless you're just looking for a reason to get angry about something. This time I chased the mail carrier down and asked for my mail and she acted like I just took a dump on her dashboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.