PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skold91

Lurker
Jul 8, 2019
Hello everyone :)
My name is Sam and I'm from the UK.

I started smoking a pipe about a year ago when my Uncle gifted me a Charatan. However most of the time I'd rather smoke corncob! My favourite tobaccos are all plugs, ropes and some flakes. Not really a fan of ribbon tobacco and I never liked the Dunhill Nightcap that everyone seems to adore. I mainly like stronger tobaccos and not only did I find nightcap mild, I found it doesn't deserve the hype it gets! But then again I don't like English blends. I'm a big fan of Burley or dark fired burley.
Anyway... I've been browsing this site for a few months and it seems like a good community so thought I'd sign up.
Peace and happy smoking :)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Anglophile here, living in California. Attended school in beautiful Hertfordshire lo these many years. (ie, a freaking long time ago).

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
G'Day from down under (although I do have a wall world map that clearly shows Austrlia at the top and Blighty to be down under :rofl: )
Anyway, welcome

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My favourite tobaccos are all plugs, ropes and some flakes. Not really a fan of ribbon tobacco and I never liked the Dunhill Nightcap that everyone seems to adore. I mainly like stronger tobaccos and not only did I find nightcap mild...
I really like those strong ropes and flakes myself. I've been exploring some of these tobaccos because I recently quit smoking cigarettes and need those blends that deliver plenty of nicotine. So far, my favorite is the Dark Flake Unscented from Gawith & Hogarth. And I kind of agree about Nightcap. I thought it was a bit astringent and muddled. But that's cool. Different strokes for different folks.
Welcome to the forum from the San Francisco area.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from central Texas.
As an initiation challenge, you must figure out how to post pics here and show us your Charatan!
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.