PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjforshi

Lurker
Aug 9, 2019
Hello.My name is Christopher from Iowa. I am not a pipe collector, nor smoker, but i am a hobbyist and find collectors and their passions fascinating. I do have a collection of around 50 vintage pipes, which i posted a pic of on my account. This collection has a very interesting history with a cool story to go along with it that i think any collector would enjoy hearing, but i am not sure if this is where i should post it. I have had it for about 20 years but have just recently over the last few months begun researching the history of them, and of pipe collecting itself. Very interesting. I am going to see if i can post my story on my profile, if not, maybe find out where i should post it. I am not sure if this is the forum for that or not, i just joined this site, but i think any collector would find it a good read. G'day and peace on your path. Christopher.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome to the forum!
jay-roger.jpg

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Welcome Christopher. Where are you in IA? I am 10 minutes from the Field of Dreams...

mrslaughter

Lurker
Jul 14, 2019
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure that you will find a few collectors around here that would love to swap stories! I'm interested myself, but I haven't been bitten by the collection bug yet, primarily because of my budget, but I'd love to start one myself!

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Welcome, Christopher! There are several of us Iowans on the boards here. I'm a Sioux City native myself. Forum member Craig hails from "the other end of the cornfield".

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome Christopher. I'm in central N.C. since 1972. Grew up across the city limits from Chicago. Had an aunt and uncle from Chicago area and Milwaukee, and three cousins, who moved to Des Moines where the dad was the financial officer for Drake University. We'd drive to Des Moines to visit them, so I know both the vast farming spreads and the urbane qualities of their Capital City. Your collection sounds interesting. Where ever you land online, give us some information on your pipe collecting. I think it might be more read if you break it into segments, for a separate original thread on the various aspects and topics (acquisition, pipe brands, sources on history of pipes, etc. etc.). Just a thought. I think members tend to visit in limited time windows, so short reads get the better attention. We have some pipe smokers who collect, but few if any collectors who do not smoke, so that's a more unique perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.