PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
So I suppose it's time I come out of the shadows...Ernie Q. Here. Blending is my main interest so anyone with any questions about that feel free to shoot me a PM (Don't think there's a forum for blending on here unless i'm blind...and I've been rightfully accused of that) Whether you are interested in learning how case or top note tobacco on hobby scale or need some guidelines for a specific blend, I'm happy to try and help.

I often worry what the future holds for the pipe world...with venerable outfits going belly up, I wonder whether the next generation will be able to figure out how to do it.
I've also begun a blog on blending (lot's more to come...just into the basics now) if anyone cares to check it out...
Tobacco Blending Blog

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Hey Ernie, Berkshire County here. Welcome! I look forward to checking out the blog.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, Ernie. It sounds like you were born to be on Forums. There are a few professional blenders, and a few more who do it for their own use, here on Forums. My grandma, dad's mom, grew up in Holyoke; I was close to her growing up, used to spend a few days or week with her every summer in grammar school. She'd moved to a suburb north of Chicago, by the Lake, by then, when she married. She was a sturdy person, hardworking and with a great dry wit. We laughed a lot. After she was gone, traveling with my late wife in Massachusetts, we went to a local restaurant in the Berkshires, and I was amazed. Their cooking was just like my grandma's! I had no idea it was so regionally anchored, such great food. Anyway, welcome aboard.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Hi and Welcome!
If this is the right Ernie Q (how many could there be?), Justice Mixture is/was a favorite. Thanks for that!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Hello Ernie! Very cool to have you here. I've just recently discovered some of your blends. Old Dominion and Flake #558 being my favorites so far and looking to add much more of those to the cellar. Your stuff has been one of the best kept secrets I've seen around here.

wendell

Lurker
Dec 19, 2018
I'm new here too .. welcome to the forum.. I am interested in learning more about tobacco.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
Welcome, and greetings from Cape Ann.
I'm a fairly new pipe smoker, and I just discovered L.J. Peretti's on this forum recently, and stopped by there to pick up some of their offerings--and now I have another place to check out in Framingham!

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Goodness, they let just anybody join these forums!
Welcome aboard Ernie.
For those who don't know Ernie Q, he is the talented blender at Watch City Cigar and Pipe in Framingham, Massachusetts.
I especially like his long and thick slices of crumble cake such as Ahab's Comfort (Lat), Watch City Slices (Burley with rum) and Old Dominion (Virginia with Perique). He does a different blend each Christmas, and last year's was The 4th Nun Returns! (brilliant stuff that quickly sold out).
His latest creations are Cap'n Boomer and Stubb's Pipe, both fine blends I am becoming very fond of.
Observant readers will have noticed a Moby Dick theme here...
Looking forward to your posts, Ernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.