Greetings from Lees Summit Missouri (home of Cole Younger)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

garywwhite

Lurker
May 5, 2019
Hi Folks,
Just thought I would drop a note to say hello and introduce myself to the Forum. I started smoking pipes in my 20's over 40 years ago, stopped and then started up again in my 60's. I stopped for about 2 years selling my collection which I am kicking myself now for. Hey it's hard to teach and old dog new tricks. My son just gifted me with three pipes I used to smoke with his Grandfather (my Father-in-Law) when I was about 25. I will be 69 next Sunday. Anyways, I need you all to pray for me for I have a serious addiction of P.A.D. and need to stop this before my better half finds out. Just acquired an IL Duca Barone morta and a Radice Silk Cut Stack. Way over budget and will I ever be in trouble. This time around in my smoking pipes I am taking a gingerly path and am only going to smoke one bowlfull a day and have moved to a Balkan blend (Levant) to get things started. I may once in a while swithch back to my old aromatic Black Gold by Hiland Pipes but aim to stay more with the BalkanEnglish blends. Having my 3 gifted pipes restored by Ric Farrah at Briarvillle. He is really great if you haven't already used him for taking care of your pipes. It makes buying an Estate Pipe and easy decision because he will make it look just like new! A little about me. I will be married 46 years this month, have a 38 year old son and a beautiful Daughter-in-Law who gave us three gorgeous grand daughters. Unfortunately, they live in Virginia and this makes visiting often, difficult. I am really into pistol competition, reloading and all that jazz. Also, play at my Soprano Sax (like Kenny G's stuff) although will always consider myself a beginner in that hobby. I enjoy pipe smoking for a number of reasons: 1). It gets me away from everything so I can contemplate life; 2) It totally relaxes me; 3) It helps me meet new people in my neighborhood who happen to walk by; 4) I just really like the taste of fine tobaccos and 5) It helps curb my appetite! Anyways, just wanted to say hi and hope you all are having a great Mother's Day taking care of your wife or significant other.

My Best,

Gary

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Welcome to another nice neighborhood. You'll meet a lot of great neighbors here too, and you don't even have to walk to do it.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Hi Gary from FL. It’s a small world. I moved here 11 years ago, after residing the prior 20+ years in Lee’s Summit. My daughters and their families all still live there. I am sure that you will enjoy the forum.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hello from central N.C. I went to school in Columbia, Mo., and met my wife, from Granger Mo., there in our teens. We got together later, in our sixties, when I was a widower. I did a newspaper internship in Neosho, Mo., in 1967. Welcome aboard.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
FYI, Lees Summit is south of Independence, Mo., and not far from Kansas City. When my wife was a schoolgirl in S.E. Mo, near the Mississippi and the Iowa line, she had a school trip to Independence where the kids visited Harry Truman retired from his presidency, and he played the piano for them! Can you imagine that?

Status
Not open for further replies.