PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samged

Lurker
Jun 4, 2018
Hello all!

My name is Samuel, I live 30 minutes outside Belfast in the countryside and have been smoking and collecting cigars for quite some time now.

Towards the end of last year I delved into pipe tobacco and have been very impressed right from the get go.
I will always have my cigars but now I find myself reaching for the pipe instead more often than not and lifting a cigar when I do not have the time to appropriately prepare myself a bowl.

I have been smoking Sam Gawith, McClelland, Dunhill, Germain flakes and more recently extended out into some wonderful blends like Davidoff Royalty, Potlatch, SPC Plum Pudding to name but a few, TAD is in full effect and I am thoroughly enjoying this affliction.
I have a grand total of four pipes to my name atm but that is changing as I spend more and more time on e-bay, a good friend of mine has taken me under his wing and is gently pushing me to get some artisan pipes made for myself, who needs enemies when you have friends like this??
I have been enjoying all the readily available information stored within these walls over the past few days and look forward to chatting with you all on the board in the future.
I am an avid golfer, hunter, traveller, whisky lover and all round nice guy..

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome Samuel!
There are many here who enjoy a good cigar now and again too. You have excellent taste in tobaccos, and your world just got a whole lot bigger joining this forum.
Enjoy and ask as many questions as you like!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome, Samuel.
If Cigars International will ship to you, they have an insane price on 8oz cans of Potlatch right now.
jay-roger.jpg

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Indeed. Been down South a bit in the 80's. Never in your neck of the woods. Played Ballybunion when I was there last time. Fabulous track.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. What pipes do you enjoy? You only need a few or a dozen, but they do accumulate. For some reason forty isn't enough, and many of us keep going. I haven't been to Northern Ireland, but I'd guess good pipes are available new and used.

samged

Lurker
Jun 4, 2018
Thank you all for the welcome! I must check cigars international out and have a browse at their selection (thank you for putting it on my radar!).
The South has a nearly unlimited amount of world class golf courses parkland and links, the North also has a stellar selection of demanding links and scenic parkland tracks, all are fairly priced too, many a deal can be found! We are blessed with that here!
There are quite a few good sites for estate pipes here in the Uk, then there is always trusty e-bay!

My friend has advised me about Larryson and Ian Walker to name a few that are on my doorstep should I wish to get pipe made!
I Started off slow without diving right into the deep end of high end pipes as I want a mini route of passage as it were so I can fully appreciate the finer pipes when that time comes, I am loving a Wiley that I have and just received a beautiful Caminetto Bulldog.. I will be sure to post whatever new pipes I get.

MSO I figured in my mind's eye that around ten pipes would have me well covered but I am well aware of the route I am going down as I have done it with cigars and have yet to be able to slow down, you have quite the array of pipes!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Welcome. My family hails from Drumnagee in Ballintoy parish. My favorite pipe brand is Irish. Between the 2, my chosen screen name emerged.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Welcome to the forum. My family hails from Ireland and Scotland, on both sides. Never been there sadly but like you I started in cigars and migrated over into pipes. Now I find the cigars are just not as nice as a good pipe tobacco and one of your favorite pipes.
But this place is a wealth of knowledge, as well as some good laughs out of the antics on here.
Enjoy yourself.

samged

Lurker
Jun 4, 2018
Ballintoy is 20 minutes from me! Beautiful little town that has a pretty active fishing port (true Ireland the way people imagine it), tis a small world!
Thank you all for the warm welcome, glad to be onboard.
MSO LOL thats no bad thing

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Welcome Paddy McNugget! I was going to send you an ss telling you this is a great forum. Sam is a truly a great young lad.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I am an avid golfer, hunter, traveller, whisky lover and all round nice guy..
Welcome aboard Samuel.
It's always nice to have another brother of the briar join.
Shame about the golf though, but maybe you'll come to your senses soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.