Status
Not open for further replies.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Hello All,
My name is Lucky and I have been a pipe smoker for 25 years now. For the last 8-9 years I had smoked pretty much one McClelland tobacco, mail ordered and away from other pipe smokers (no offense to the community, I just had an easy place to smoke).
The closing this year of that company has pulled me out of my rut and I am attending CPCC meet-ups, listening to the podcast, signing up to forums, and trying out new blends. Who knows, maybe I'll even get back to attending/exhibiting at shows and buying new pipes!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
chill', welcome aboard. I grew up in Chicagoland, near-north suburb of Park Ridge, which for many years had a thriving pipe shop just beside what used to be the Chicago and Northwestern commuter train tracks. Now I'm in N.C. where I've been since the early '70s.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Hi Lucky! Welcome to the Forums.

I hope to see you at the CPCC meeting next Saturday. Here's the info from our website:

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/july-21-2018-8pm-meeting-at-8-to-8/

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Good to see your post, Lucky! We met a month or so ago at one of the CPCC social smokes. Hopefully, you'll soon find a new go-to tobacco.
Let me say that Lucky is a very nice fellow, indeed, and talented and artistic professional woodworker.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!
Dino, I'll be out of town again. The socials are lining up with my travelling better than the meetings so far this summer, but I promise to make it to a proper meeting when I have the chance.
Weezell, it was "RSVP Invitation" which I have since learned was just a (maybe better) version of a very common Lane Ltd blend. It was an aromatic that tasted pleasant enough to me the I didn't feel like I was missing anything, and no one ever complained about me smoking around them. I just kinda stopped thinking about it. I'm really enjoying exploring new brands and blends right now, but will likely fall into another rut someday.
Craig, thanks for the kind words.
-Lucky

Jul 15, 2011
Whereabouts and in what part of Chicago? I'm not terribly far off, about 1.5 hour south of you, in and around the Bloomington area. If you ever find yourself down that way shoot me a PM and we could meet up for a smoke.
Oh, and welcome!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Pipe Novelist, since you are so close, you should try to get up to the Chicago Pipe Show. Typically, it is the first weekend of May.

Jul 15, 2011
PN: I grew up on Route 66, where 17 and 47 cross. Bet you've driven through (or around as I-55 was built in the 70's or 80's).
What towns are along that route? Route 66 goes through Pontiac, got a lot of family in that area.
Edit: Just looked it up, that's a little north of my area still but I've been through Kankakee once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.