PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

multuminparvo

Lurker
Aug 11, 2015
Dear Gentle Folk of pipesmagazine.com,
I’m 37 year old male hailing from Vienna, Austria. I started off on cigars 18 years ago with the occasional pipe thrown in for good measure but for the last two years I’m exclusively piping. PAD has led me to an accumulation of roughly 30-40 pipes from humble MM Cobs to Falcons and Stonhavens as to Tsuge, Dunhill and Castello on the other end of the spectrum. My best smokers based on my still rather basic technique come from Stanwell (Denmark Production) and Savinelli and my trusty 2001 CAO Bent paneled Billiard Meerschaum.
I’m always looking for filterless NOS pieces and Estates which are quite hard to come by in German speaking countries which are home of the 9mm filter. My best haul till now was a NOS late 60ies Graco International Giant Oom Paul made from top Algerian briar which weighs next to nothing and is a great jaw hanger, all for the princely sum of 60 bucks :).
Tobaccowise I’m still in the tasting/testing phase and setting up my cellar, standing now at roughly 25lbs, which I have started in April 2014. Please have a look at www.tobaccocellar.com / multuminparvo . Comments appreciated!
It looks like I’m a natural with English/Balkan Blends as well as the Vit. N heavy (Lakeland) Stuff. If it’s not laced with LAT then I’m digging into SG 1792, Condor Plug or SG Brown No.4. Maybe due to my heavy handed approach I still struggle with the finer Virginia and VAPER tobaccos, technique and taste wise. Straight Burleys like ODF taste to me flat and one dimensional so I’m now trying my luck with the new McB HH Bold Kentucky and Orlik’s strong Kentucky which look like a promising road.
As most of the discussed tobaccos here come from American Blenders/Blending Houses which are very hard to come by in Europe I will probably focus my future acquisitions to the offerings of Herbert Motzek and Hans Wiedemann and international staples like Dunhill, SG and McB which are available in comparative abundance and are quite reasonably priced.
All in all I’m happy that I finally took the time to write up this introduction and end a +1 year lurking phase on this forum.
General disclaimer for this and future posts: I’m NOT a native speaker so please be patient with my language, phrasing and punctuation.
Cheers

Multum in parvo

Hannes

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
multuminparvo:
Good morning, Sir, and welcome aboard the pipesmagazine.com Forums! I believe that you will find a comfortable home here amongst fellow pipers.
So fas as I am concerned you have no need to apologize for your language, phrasing, and punctuation, as your written English is certainly much better than my extremely rusty high-school German! :)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Welcome to pipesmagazine. It sounds like you've made a great start in the hobby, and I believe you'll fit right in here.
-- Pat

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the forum. If you can get Stang I recommend it highly.

As a side note my grandparents came to the USA from Austria's Burgenland region. So I have a fondness for Austria even though I've never been there.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Welcome! It's great to see more international participation! Looked at the cellar. I was impressed at the "hard to get over here" EUROPEAN blends!
Plugugly

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
You lurked for a year and still decided to enlist? I'm impressed! So . . . Hannes, a hearty welcome to the net's foremost collection of neer-do-wells, has beens, and never weres. No disclaimer necessary! Your addition to the membership will, it appears from you first post, undoubtedly raise the bar with respect to punctuation and etc.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welkomen!
Your English is very good, and I hope the eighteen words I know in German are never offensive. Good to have you here!

multuminparvo

Lurker
Aug 11, 2015
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Normally I'm pretty sure about my command of english but with all the talk about enforcing rule No. 9 I wanted to hedge my bets :)
I just finished my sample of HU Tobacco Zulu from Hans, a sweet and spicy Lat Mixture thats defenitely a keeper.
So Gents have a nice day and till the morrow.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
If you can content yourself with HU and Moztek tobacco you are in a better situation than most of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.