PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon5

Lurker
Aug 2, 2012
Hello everyone!!
This is Martin (Marty) Edward Wallace. I was born 12-13-68 (Friday) My favorite color is Black...just kidding; it's actually Royal Blue.
I've always admired a pipe smoker. They typically think differently than the typical. If faced with a particular issue, they tend to view it from all sides of the situation before acting. Of course, it could simply be the -appearance of thinking, since we are actually taking a slow drag of our favorite tobacco, which oft times equals a gallon of gas - and who wants to waste it?! Anything outside this brief realm of concentration, would have to wait. Besides, had we been quick to answer, AND take a drag simultaneously, it could result in a wasted, overheated, bowl of tobacco, of which, by the way, brings me to a joke: "How can you tell when a pipe smoker is angry?" ANSWER: His pipe is glowing red.
I was adopted from Manila, P.I., when I was just over a year old, by an Airforce couple from Texas. Shortly after that transaction, we had received orders to Italy, then Germany, and on to England, and finally, back to the States. My parents are, or were (they both have past) Caucasian. My mother, as a child was adopted by a Hispanic family, with the name Trejo. I was named after my Grandfather from the Trejo side: Martin Edward Trejo, occupation: Texas Ranger (Law Enforcement) 1930.
My interests are:

Stage Magic, Pipe Smoking, Quantum Mechanics, Philosophy, Metaphisics, Science, Technology, Hiking, Knife Throwing, Martial Arts, Book Stores, Looking after the weak, Children & their overall protection through various programs,The Ladies, Good Food, Wines & various other Spirits, Ghost Hunting (I rarely do this anymore due to coincidental strange occurrences in the home) Art, Bookstores, Museums, and so forth.
Associations:

Guardian Angels (Citizen Crime Patrol) 1986 San Antonio, Tx

Lions Club - 2010
Favorite Pipe: Churchwarden

Favorite Tobacco: North Sea (Tinderbox)
I am currently, working on a start up company, which deals in global online real estate transactions.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Do you still live in TX? I'm an hour east of Dallas at cedar creek lake. Enjoy your time here

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Welcome Marty, As a adpoted parent my self (Adopted 2 sons) it's great to have that slight connection...
Enjoy your pipe

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Welcome aboard !
They typically think differently than the typical.
:crazy:
If we typically think different, doesn't that makes us typical ? Or are we still atypical in that we typically think different ? :rofl:
Just in jest, you'll find out we're a friendly bunch, but we do tend to poke at each other on occasion, so this was your baptism by fire.
Once again, welcome aboard, ask away and post lots of pictures ! We have nothing better to do than gaze at each other's stuff (pun intended). In the mean time, sit down, relax, buckle up and enjoy the ride :puffpipe:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
what do you do to non smokers in Texas
Ask this guy...:rofl:
efin571l.jpg

it's what we use the extra tar from the cigarettes for (see other thread) :rofl:

falcon5

Lurker
Aug 2, 2012
Thank you most sincerely, everyone, for the kind welcome.
To Chris: Yes, I am in Texas. I had just moved within the Metroplex, to Ft Worth, Close to Camp Bowie.
To Joshy: Thank you. I like the avatar. My fav from that cartoon, is Meatwad.
To sjpipesmoker: I think I may adopt, to continue the family tradition. Cheers to you! When my parents revealed the truth to me, they had done it in such a tactful way, as to make me feel special. To this day, I wish my natural mother blessings, for giving me a chance at life.
To herbinedave: Ah Sherlock Holmes. One of my favorites! "London, that great cesspool into which all the loungers and idlers of the Empire are irresistibly drained."
To tbradsim1: Thank you very much for the welcome. One of my favorite city's is New Orleans – luv the food and the people!
To cortezattic: Thank you very much. I am looking forward to learning from all of you.
To Mick: Interesting thought. The unique soon becomes the common. Lol like the cartoon!
To jameral: Thank you. Thank you. I already feel at home.
To rigmedic1: I appreciate the welcome. Thank you. I have one pipe. It is a Churchwarden. I had acquired it while in my last sales job, bartering for an advertisement sale. I had been working for a Military magazine at the time.

To storient: lol love the avatar. With my wooden cane I sometimes have to use. I've been called Yoda. Lol. Thank you very much. Thank you for the thumbs up! :D
To jndyer: Thank you very much for the welcome. Love the scenery behind you! I am a big nature buff.
To puffy: Thank you so much. This is actually the first online pipe group I have signed up for. Looking forward to reading more of everyone's posts, and the teachings on here.
To cigmaster: Thank you very much. Lol. Aw you have three young ones! Before the dues were raised, I often participated with the Lion's Club, assisting children. Hopefully when I pass on, I can be a Guardian for them.
To vespertillio: Thank you my dear fellow. Looking forward to reading more about you and the others.
To baronsamedi: So true. Texas is my home. I look forward to helping the state out with one of the programs I am developing. Thank you.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
This is actually the first online pipe group I have signed up for

Well, you're in for a treat with this bunch !
Also, are you in the metroplex now or living in San Antonio ? We just met up today on the Dallas side, but if you're in Fort Worth, perhaps next time we can meet up in the mid-cities somewhere.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Here is a link to the DFW Pipe Smokers thread. There are some pics in there and you are welcome to join every time we meet!
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/calling-dallas-ftworth-smokers

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome Marty! I do a little knife throwing and hawk and archery here. -Fun sport for the mind and body.
Enjoy PM its the best.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Welcome Marty but be careful, this place is addicting.......... :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.