PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnomancy

Lurker
Sep 28, 2018
Hello everyone,
I've been using this forum for research more and more recently and I have been very impressed by the community. I have learned a lot from you all and for that I send my gratitude.
I have smoked a pipe on and off for many years, always returning to the hobby with an increased fascination and enjoyment. I am an artist currently living and working in Prague but my home is Texas. Currently I am smoking FVF and Marlin Flake, two tins that I was happy to find here. Safe to say I am a huge fan of straight virginias, va/pers and burley blends. My favorite tobacco is Old Gowrie and my first love was Plumcake by Mac Baren.
I have two briars with me here in Prague, a Savenelli-octavia black and a Stanwell-featherweight horn. I also have two corncobs and to be honest they are my favorites. It's possible I haven't come across a good smoker...still looking!
Upon my return to the states I hope to begin making my own pipes, building my collection and dabbling in blending.
Looking forward to being a contributing member of the community and getting to know you all better.
Cheers,

Capnomancy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have some experience with pipes. I'm always learning something on Forums, and I've been at it for a while.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Welcome to the fraternity capno
I've given this a lot of thought and from now on , your name is flounder .

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Capnomancy. What kind of artist...painting, sculpture, photography, graffiti?

capnomancy

Lurker
Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Prague is great, the architecture, women and especially the beer! I do find myself missing Texas, especially in the winter when the sun sets around 4:30pm haha.
PS: If anyone is interested, capnomancy signifies a form of divination using smoke. But feel free to call me cap, captain, or even flounder if you so choose! :rofl:
Cheers!

capnomancy

Lurker
Sep 28, 2018
[/quote]Welcome Capnomancy. What kind of artist...painting, sculpture, photography, graffiti?
Thanks Scloyd! Mostly contemporary abstract painting. Sometimes I will experiment with sculpture and experimental methods/materials though. A pipe an important tool for me in the studio, especially in contemplating where to go next with a painting.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.