PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisremnant

Lurker
Jun 21, 2018
Middle East
Greetings all,
I am a Soldier in the US Army almost 31 years now and a devoted family man, married 25 years next month. I have a large family and live in South Central Texas. I am currently deployed at the moment and should return home by this December at the latest.
I first started smoking a pipe in 2003 when I friend gave me one and I got some very aromatic, vanilla blend and smoked a bunch while deployed to Iraq in 2003. When I returned and over the last 15 years, I did not smoke at all. I have however, just about a year ago bought a pipe and some nice blend while TDY in Alabama.
My knowledge is low enough I do not remember what the brand of pipe I bought; it was a decent, yet inexpensive pipe. I do know that I like sweet tasting and aromatic tobacco and blends.
I hope to learn more over the years as I begin to build my stock.
God bless,

Stephan Porter

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thank you for your service, and welcome!
Aromatics are among the hardest to smoke well, so you might try a few other blends. I smoke only English or Balkan blends, others here can't touch that stuff.

bootygrocery

Lurker
Jun 19, 2018
Greetings!
Welcome to the forums from an US army veteran!
Baghdad was quite an experience. I remember throwing up from smoking a fake malboro reds I bought from a kid; the whole carton was $5 hahaha you could tell that they packed the tobacco themselves.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Welcome, dot-mil brother! Welcome, & enjoy yourself. Safe-home from the sandpit, & enjoy it here! We've got a bunch of good people here, & crazy. Don't worry about lack of experience/knowledge; there's a TON of it here, & always willing to share.(Warning: a lot of it's valid *&* conflicts with *other* valid. -laugh-)
Good to see you!
Bill

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
Nice to meet ya ... this devil dog won’t hold that Army stuff over your head :wink:

hisremnant

Lurker
Jun 21, 2018
Middle East
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Thanks as well for the “pipe (vice hat) tip” to the service of my family and me.
God bless,
Stephan
PS: ...and to Kickinbears, I’m glad to have your top cover brother, my 14 YO son is joining the Marine JROTC this Fall and plans to enter The Corps upon graduation, I highly encourage him to do so.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
"'pipe (vice hat) tip'to the service of my family and me." -- "vice", yeah. Funny language we got, huh, GI? -chuckle- And vis-a-vis your family, "Roger that, gentlemen, Roger that." How does the joke go? "What's the toughest job in the Army?""An Army spouse." And THAT ain't no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.