PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Been busy. Haven't had time to upload pics.
That said, my wife is not a fan of pipe smoking. She is a big fan of me though and got me this for Father's Day. I am so in awe of the majesty that is my wife. She tolerates my pipes and tobacco very very well. She loves me and I love her!
Oh yeah, pics:
20170619_234955-600x450.jpg

grr.jpg

I have no clue they even made such cool things anymore, but she found this. yaay me!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I will take issue with your thread tittle (or title, if you prefer), happily though. You are indeed a lucky man. Remember this come Christmas and every time you lean back with your handmade gently wafting smoke.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
You are a lucky man indeed Wyfbane. Just remember....once she sees that you can use all of those tools, the honey-do list will go on forever.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
My wife bought me a kit in 2002, and I ended up making pipes as a full time career for the following ten years! You never know what this kit will lead to!

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
img_0020-600x450.jpg

A carve your own. This was my very humble attempt with rasps and a dremmel clone. Smokes great, last years Father's Day present.

A good wife is like a good pipe - something for ever.

Pictures when you finish. I did mine in 7 days.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I am no woodworker and thinking three dimensional is not easy. I saw a lot of reviews on carve your own where people split the motise or split the wood cutting to close. I wanted a pipe at the end of the day so aired on caution and was driven by the limitations of the block I had. As with yours you have to go with the block.

Best of luck, any help I can give just shout.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some of my best pipes and favorite tobaccos were bought as gifts for me by my wife. She took the plunge in getting me a churchwarden and a Oom-Paul, which are both great pipes. When gifting, I try to follow her example and work at getting things she really wants. Sometimes, if she admires something in a way that shows real longing, I'll jump on that, for a gift, even if the occasion is weeks or months away. I'd rather be sure she wants the item that spend money on a guess of mine. Several of her favorite earrings are ones I got her -- and I have to shop a lot because she wears clip-ons instead of pierced ear earrings. That was a sweet thoughtful gift your wife gave you, much attuned to you, definitely expressing loving attention to your interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.