PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
As I type this, I'm puffing on a bowl of 2007 Penzance. It's my first time trying it, a gift from a fellow member. I see why the fuss. This isn't only the best tobacco I've ever tasted, but quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever tasted. It is seriously sublime!! OMG!!

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
That is super generous of you phonomet! A very nice gesture.
Nate, it does my heart good knowing that you are enjoying. I am heading out to light up as soon as I hit send. I'll be smoking with ya in spirit, my Man.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
To be sure, penzance is a fine tobacco, and thanks to Troutface I have quite a bit

Much has been written on the forum regarding its being overpriced and over hyped. Maybe it is, and there is no question that there are many English blends that are comparable.
Nate, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Nothing like the love shared on here. The world needs more pipesmokers. Burning a bowl of Kingfisher with you guys here.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
AS a one year newbie in the pipe smoking world I guess more kind of tobacco smoking experience can help to find

tobaccos what exactly I like. That's why I enjoy this Forum.

Even I couldn't or didn't smoked some tobaccos yet but I could get a idea how nice it is and i came far away from start.

Compare with starting point I now know lots of tobacco kind.

Happy smoking every one.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
So far high kick was Dunhill Night Cap to me. Someday I got to try first to find how strong.

BTW here on Forum Penzance is one of best tobaccos and every one want to try, isn't it?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No kidding about the ropes! I have a high nicotine tolerence coming from smoking cigarettes, but ropes and twists still knock me down!

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm drooling here, watching all of you enjoying Penzance.

However, postage across the Atlantic can be worth half a tin of Penzance if I can find one here - so may well leave this great opportunity to the next forum member.

Will definitely check out the Germain section or ask the local tobacconists for its whereabout.

:puffpipe:

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
there are a lot of other great Englishes out there. But, there's something very unique about the flavor of Penzance.

You nailed it phonomet. I also find it to be a very smooth, almost velvety smoke. The hype and scarcity are just distractions. Smoke it for what it is- a beautifully blended tobacco, no more, no less.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Glad to hear you're liking it, Nate. I'm not a big Latakia fan, but Penzance is truly unique. I was pretty excited the first time I tried it, too.

It is a great smoke. It's great to see someone find satori in a smoke. I had a zen moment with GLP's Laurel Heights once while hiking with the dogs. I still look back at the dynamics of taste and the beauty of my surroundings as being key to getting back to that "feeling." Now, I just hope that whatever I happen to be smoking fits what I am doing, but nothing has brought me back to that Fall day with the dogs.

Happy smokes! :puffy:

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
I want add this comment.

Every pipe smoker want to have Dunhill pipes even there are so many nice pipes.

Because Dunhill pipe has some thing special in it. Dunhill pipe smokers know that.

In tobacco Penzance has some thing special I guess. That's why every smoker want to try it.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Every pipe smoker want to have Dunhill pipes even there are so many nice pipes.

Because Dunhill pipe has some thing special in it. Dunhill pipe smokers know that.

In tobacco Penzance has some thing special I guess. That's why every smoker want to try it.
I think that's true, forest7. And it's not just hype, either.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I have tried many English blends over the past 15 years and yes penzance is my favorite. It was my favorite long before it was hard to get. I miss the days when I could get it anywhere.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
I burned a bowl of 2005 Penzance last week. Got a few more bowls of it left. It's nice. There are lots of other things I like just as much. And as cosmicfolklore suggested, having a peak moment might have nothing to do with how good a blend is, and everything to do with what the acidheads call set and setting.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I have a small stash of the stuff, smoke it on occasion. I love it, but don't reach for it often. Its kind of a treat for me. Tobacco is a mysterious thing--- like escioe and cosmic state: its not JUST about the tobac, but the setting and mood etc.... I had the best smoke of my life once with a bowl of Plum Pudding in a cob. It was a pure bliss, eyes roll back in the head type of smoke and it only happened once. Never could spark that magic again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.