PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
In my eBay battles there have been winners and losers. This is possibly my greatest win. It is a lighter, yes a lighter. I really like the bic lighters that fit in my tamper sleeve, but I prefer the zippos for general duty, but the problem is I have gigantic man-hands. The zippo is just too small and I fumble with them all the time. Enter the perfect solution. This lighter is big enough for my man-hands and has a giant fuel tank. Win-Win.

And as an added bonus, the repair/disassembly tool is built in.

rodbuster3

Might Stick Around
Nov 10, 2016
I use the butane zippo candle lighter. Its long and thin and fits perfect in my pouch. Nice score on your lighter

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
ashdigger:
A bit of Internet research revealed the following. Your lighter was manufactured by the Benlow Company which was founded in Germany in 1933 by Benno Löwenthal. My guess is that your lighter was produced in England in 1940, as the company was there making table lighters of a similar design.
Mr. Löwenthal's brother, Julius, was a co-founder of Colibri (an English manufacturer of lighters) and Ibelo (a German manufacturer of pipes, lighters, makeup compacts, and perfume atomizers).

May 4, 2015
Seem to be pretty reliable? Even the coolest of lighters ain't cool unless they perform their task with near 100% accuracy, after all :wink:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Tom, it's super reliable. Just like a zippo. It's been in hard use for three weeks now and it just rocks.
I'm going to be giving away my butane lighters, they're garbage compared to this.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
ashdigger:
For years I used a Colibri Clip butane lighter which was eventually replaced by a similar model manufactured by Xikar. I now use only either my naptha-fueled Nimrod Pipeliter (just like the one my paternal grandfather used) or kitchen matches, as their softer flames seem to better suit my palate, tobacco choices, and pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.