PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Great video. At that production rate and the cheaper than chips price, I never feel bad when I toss one out of my SUV window on the way to work.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"I drove by the place last week. You can't buy the product from the factory..."
mcitinner1:
Unless things have changed you CAN purchase pipes at the factory, at least I did the last time I was in Washington, Missouri approximately two years ago.
Incidentally, in keeping with the old-timey feel of the operation they have (or had) an official Office Cat.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
That's got me wondering Hunter. I drove around the block and the only place that looked access able (sp) was in back and that looked like a loading area. I didn't try to go in there. Where did you go in?

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
mcitinner1:
As I recall the office entrance door is off of the street facing the river. I parked my car in front of the old power plant building adjacent to the factory, and walked in order to find it. In fact, I had to ask some workers who were sitting on a loading dock (it was lunchtime) where it was.
Interestingly, the woman in the video who spoke of sending pipes to the troops is the one from whom I purchased my pipes.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Guess I'll call them next time I go to Washington. Last week every single door facing the river or facing east, was labeled 'no admittance'. Also about 3 months ago, I did call them and asked where in Washington I could buy cobs and the lady told me, at the post office or the drug store. Guess I need to be more specific and ask if they sell them at the factory. That day I called them I went to the drug store and they had a few cobs and I ended up talking to an older lady at the check out about her dad smoking pipes when she was young. We talked and laughed at length. It was fun.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I now feel the need to expand my cob selection, again.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
The last I knew you could still buy pipes direct from them but you had to ask. At one time there was several places around town with good selection where you could buy them, but maybe that has all changed recently.
When in the area I highly recommend visiting the Boone home on the north side of the river at Marthasville where Daniel Boone died at the home of his son, and the site where he was first buried (and some say still is) at nearby Defiance, MO. If you like the history of our country it is well worth your time.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Fantastic video. Thanks for sharing. Will pull out my MM pipe here in a sec. For now my profile pic will have to do....
P.S. It was a lot of fun seeing them make the pipes I own or have seen in person

Status
Not open for further replies.