PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Today the mail brought a nice envelope from rmbittner - a bag of Pease Raven's Wing from 2004, and an unopened tin of Old Dublin from 2007. I am working very hard on holding off on the RW for a couple of days, until I have a nice time to enjoy it with a good pipe.

Thanks, Bob!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
My pleasure, Jud!
But I wouldn't hold off on the RW without checking the moisture level first. Since that one was rehydrated from bone-dry, I'm not sure how long it'll hold the moisture I was able to give back to it. (Unless you're already taking steps to get it to the level you prefer.) But I do hope you'll enjoy it!
Bob

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Bob is a stand up guy and the only reason I have a few nice aged tins in my cellar. I hope you enjoy both blends Jud!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Raven's Wing -- that's very generous! Some sold on the bay last night for an ungodly amount -- heard nothing but good things about it. Happy smoking, Jud.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I've smoked two bowls of this, now - in a freehand Stan and an apple from Campbell's Smoke Shop in East Lansing (purchased about 40 years ago). It is indeed lovely stuff. Thanks again, Bob!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm so glad you're enjoying this, Jud!
I'm always nervous when it comes to sharing blends like these; so often folks have heard so much about them, built them up so much in their minds, that they find the reality to be disappointing. (I'm guessing a lot of folks who would otherwise love Penzance, for instance, end up being disappointed in it because they had expected it to be far more than it possibly could be.)
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.