PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Have wanted a 2015 Peterson Founder's Edition pipe for some time, the Hungarian shape. So, just bought one at Pipe Divan as a late 65th birthday and early retirement gift. The birthday was last week and the retirement is in 1 month. Was only $145 and change with the ex-Vat price plus free whipping.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Good stuff! I don’t know if I’m up for a whipping though, I could get that any time.
Happy birthday to ya and congrats on retirement.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Hey, at least the whipping was free. I'd be more upset if I had to pay for it. Then again, I'm not one to judge, if you like payin' for them, pay away!
Sounds like a great deal otherwise! :rofl:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Happy Birthday and congrats on the retirement. Pipe Divan...great customer service and good prices.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I hope it smokes great! They do have generally excellent prices on their site. Ex VAT is always a treat to see your total drop even more when you check out!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
This is my first experience with buying a pipe overseas. They actually seemed to be 1 of the rare few sites around the globe to have any 2015 Founder's Edition pipes in stock. They're practically as scarce as hen's teeth, at least new.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
They seem to always have a pretty good selection of Peterson’s. The one I ordered from them arrived in exactly 1 week. Show it off and let us know how it smokes once you get yours.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I have always been confused by the VAT tax. Part of the reason I have never purchased anything from outside the US. Do all of them drop it for your purchase, or just some of them? Been wanting to try some HU tobaccos and even seen some pipes I would buy, but when I see the price of a 50 gram tin would cost me $30-$40, I bow out.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
If your shipping address is outside the EU my understanding is that all purchases are Ex VAT (cheaper than the listed price, unless the list price specifically says it’s Ex VAT). The pipes I’ve ordered have been around 15 Euro cheaper than the list price once the VAT tax is removed. Every UK site I frequent says they won’t ship tobacco to the States, though.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Free whipping. I just got that. Didn't notice my typo til now. :laughat: Too much a wimp for the S&M stuff myself. :D

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
The Peterson 2015 Founder's Edition pipe arrived today. I had ordered the rusticated and hoped for the best because the site photo showed the cookie cutter rustication pattern I'm not that thrilled with. However, when I opened the box, I was thrilled to see it actually had the gnarly rustication pattern Sykes said the company will use from now on. Beautiful broad silver band. Just finished smoking it and can say it instantly became my 1b Peterson favorite next to the 1a of the smooth XL23 Kinsale I have. The two combined make great deeply bent pipe companions. Came with an attractive presentation box. If this is the last pipe I ever buy-and it likely is-I'll feel I went out on a very high note. :D

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Like this? Or have you photos?
004-004-3608.jpg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
That's the blasted version of it, though mine is p-lip. Attempted to find a comparable photo of mine online-don't have a camera to take pics-but could not find a good example featuring the type of rustication mine has. Most all examples I've found have that waffle thing going on.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
One of the things I found most heartening about this pipe was that it must have been well-drilled in that it didn't get wet. My only other Hungarian, a Jobey, is my wettest pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.