PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Started off the day smoking a nice big bowl of SPC Plum Pudding. Then went to lunch with my wife and had a fantastic calzone. I then went to Temescal neighborhood in Oakland to get a haircut it's always a long wait so I decided I'd take a walk. I looked up Piedmont Tobacconist and it was a 20 min walk. Took a nice stroll in beautiful weather and arrived at my destination. I was pleasantly surprised with the selection of pipes and bulk tobaccos as well as tins some with a lot of age. I got to talking with the woman running the shop and ended up buying an ounce of FVF and some pipe cleaners. I have a tin of FVF that Chris gifted me but I plan on aging it until my daughters 5th birthday, but I had to try it! The owner and I got to talking about Mr. Pease's blends and I asked her if I could load up my pipe in the shop for the walk back to the barber. She says sure...or you can sample something of you'd like! I start looking through the bulk and we get to talking about aged tins. She had a stockpile of mcclelland VA's from 2000 and all still prices t the old prices! Then she says you know let me go look for something an pulls out a tin of 1999 Christmas Cheer to load my pipe with talk about friggen awesome!!!!! I walked back smoking amazing tobacco and got a great haircut and now I'm back at my wife's campus waiting for her to get out of class and smoking my first bowl of FVF in the Pete that Chris gifted me. Life really doesn't get much better :puffy:

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Piedmont tobacconist...Been there twice, I like the place, It's a drive from San Jose but when I head up that way, I always work it in my plans...
I always forget that you're from the bay area Tjameson!!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
It was like being a kid in a candy store...a poor kid but it's all the same haha I got what I went there for (pipe cleaners) a little bit of great tobacco, good conversation and a bonus bowl. By the way most of there tins were about $20-25 bucks for a 50g tin...almost snatched up two very dusty tins of Wessex Campaign Dark Flake but I didn't have the funds and assured myself I'd find another treasure on my next visit.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I was kind of blown away by the prices but I haven't been in a B&M in about 5 years. It was a great experience though and looking at some of the killer pipes they had was a real treat I haven't really seen any Ardors, Castellos, Mastro de Pajas...other highend pipes in person before and I now know why they command such high prices! All in all a very cool experience and I will definitely give them some but not nearly all my business in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.