PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Merry Christmas everyone!

I opened a fantastic treasure trove of pipe smoking goodness this Christmas. Nine new tobaccos and 2 new pipes.
MM Mark Twain straight cob

MM Ozark
MM Country Gentleman (pouch)

GH American Delight (tin)

Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture (tin)

Escudo Navy Deluxe (tin)

Dunhill My Mixture Baby's Bottom (tin)

G.L. Pease Quiet Nights (tin)

McClelland Grand Oriental Drama Reserve (tin)

McClelland Frog Morton (tin)

McClelland Scottish Woods (tin)
I still have 2 traditional Cherokee blends coming in the mail (did not make it for Christmas) and another new pipe with 3 more blends from G.L. Pease!
I could not be happier this morning! I got a few shirts and a down under quilt for my hammock rig also, so there is complaining here!!
Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful day and pleasant smokes!
Regards,

Carbon

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Obviously the true meaning of the holiday has something to do with tobacco consumption. Congrats on your instant cellar!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That McClelland Oriental especially caught my eye, and taste buds. What a great array of pipes and leaf. No gift action here yet, but at least one box is postmarked pipe gift, so I'm looking forward to that. We'd better get cracking.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A Vauen Auenland sandblast Doran churchwarden, and eight tins of Auenland tobacco. Congrats on your haul carbonmated, all great pipes and smokes!

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
chasingembers,
Pics of your churchwarden please :)
I have a Butz Choquin "NICE" smooth in the mail and I also got a Savinelli 920ks smooth, but opened that last week lol!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
From top to bottom, Friddo, Hugg, and my new one, the Doran.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/18093

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Ohhh the Doran looks sweet. Almost looks like a poker style? I will look up the Auenland tobacco when I get a chance a little later.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Yep, sort of poker/cherrywood. All three are great smokers, and the Auenland tobacco is one of a handful of aros that I really enjoy. Think citrus/peach/vanilla.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I also had a great pipe Christmas (along with a great Christmas in general -- wild caught salmon on Christmas Eve, roast duck for Christmas supper). My pipe extravaganza began with tiny pies from Brazil, from my sister's recent trip, and the finale gift from my wife of a great pipe package:
A Savinelli Oom Paul blast sitter

Medium Cut Vinent Manil Pure Semois

Thick Cut Vincent Manil Pure Semois

Two tins of Mac Baren's Latakia flake

One tin Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls
I have no idea how she picked so well. I guess she knew I had no Oom Paul, despite my many pipes, and the tobacco picks were spot on. I guess she'd heard me exalting about Semois, which ends up being my favorite leaf; now I get to sample the Medium cut. A Happy Piping New Year to All.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Nice mso! I am glad you made out well my friend. I will look up some reviews of the Semois.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Any pics Carbon? My envy requires visual representation.
I will take some tomorrow. My pipe rack came in also so I am just waiting for some bulk stuff I oredered and I will be set for a while I think :puffy:

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Huh...? All these years, and I thought all the twinkling bells where on Santa's reindeer; come to find out, it was actually all the tobacco tins in his sack. Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.