PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywizard

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2013
Gray Wizard Vineyard & Brewery - well made a Frodo's Wildflower Honey Amber Ale and drank 2 Bibo's Dark Ale that was dynamite. My own recipe - a first and will definitely do this again. Most of the 90 vines have popped and grape buds emerged. Hoping for a decent harvest and hopefully203x the amount of wine than last year. pulled 50 vines and replanted 50 last year and most have full cordon arms and should produce a small batch of grapes. The 2012 Ranger's Red is great with plenty of Cheery and the Wizards red is darker and also has cherry with strawberry and berry flavor. Also my Treebeard's Porter another tweak of a recipe of mine has Dark Belgian Candy syrup - a D90 - and has a very interesting and robust taste and aroma. remarkable depth and that Belgian syrup adds so much depth and character. Deep dark color and adeep interesting brown edge to the head. al goes well with a bowl of tobacco.
Thanks for reading.

graywizard

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2013
cheery should be cherry but it does not allow me to edit it. go figure. not only brew but make wine too and also do the viticultural aspect as well.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Where is your location? My wife and I are avid winery/ brewery visitors. Every vacation we take it always includes a tour somewhere. Maybe it could give me an excuse to light up a bowl and sit with the owner.lol.

graywizard

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2013
I am in midwest TN nw of nashville on the KY border. This is my own private winery - I am not commercial. Purely for my own use and arthritis and heart dynamic. 90 vines 12 of which are table grapes. No way i am going or could go commercial. I am into my 4th year. small potatoes.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Commercial or not she don't have to know. She just wants a glass or two and I would want a bowl or two with a friend. Lol.
Besides you could be an enabler for both of us. That should make you feel proud. Hehe.
So you are also saying you wouldn't sell anything to friends and family then?

graywizard

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2013
That may be possible. but my small stash from last year is laid down and it was small - I pulled out 50 vines. could have some ales or porters available though.
my wife is not into anything I do. that is the luck of the draw.
hoping this year will yield more bottles in the harvest.

Status
Not open for further replies.