PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Earlier this evening we had some severe weather here in mid west Georgia. Rain, wind, dime sized hail. No real damage, just a hour of so of concern. All the while, I'm puffing away on my new friend, a late 30's Kaywoodie full of Escudo. My mind focused on the sky, I kept a rhythmic cadence all the while during this unsure event, the pipe kept me company.

Anyone else have similar results during unsure times?

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
I love those types of occurrences. The rush of uncertainty combined with the awe of how powerful and chaotic nature can be; top that with good tobacco and it is an experience that is hard to beat. Unfortunately, our new place doesn't have a porch or anything to keep us out of the elements.I have frequently debated whether to build one just to be able to enjoy moments like that. Closest I get now is to sit in the garage with door open and it just isn't the same.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
For some reason all I can picture is the rain scene in Caddyshack, or Shawshank Redemption:), I'm guessing it was something like that!

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Absolutely. Love to sit on the porch with a pipe and watch a storm roll through.

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
Living in the Pacific NW we don't see much rain...
If we puffed every time it rained I'd have to triple my cellar's inventory.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mac Barens Old Dark Fired gives you a hand up when the sky comes down.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Got a bay window next to my recliner that I enjoy watching lightning from. Love it!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I enjoy sitting under the awning of my camping trailer puffing a peaceful bowl listening to the pitter patter of raindrops with a good cup of coffee or a glass of whiskey depending on the time of day. Very relaxing indeed. :puffy:

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Funny, right now we are having our first thunderstorm of the year and I have a wonderful old 50's Pete 120 filled with ODF and a glass Of Dickel No. 8. I will never tire of God's majesty!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Well today was one of the more pleasant days we've had around here for quite some time and I was lucky enough to enjoy some blissful pipe smoking outdoors. I was just kicking back on the porch with the dogs, a good book and plenty of sunshine and minimal wind. It's been months since I've been able to enjoy a few hours outside with the pipe so I had two bowls today, some EMP in my Ferndown squat bulldog and some Capstan in a little lumberman that was hand made by a friend. There will be plenty of thunderstorms to enjoy on the porch with a pipe but for now I'll take all the warm sunshine I can get!

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
I don't have a back porch, but my garden overlooks the Severn estuary and I enjoy watching the showers slowly heading my way.

Especially striking on a sunny day, with a storm slowly darkening the sky as it rolls toward me.

Finish the pipe and go indoors as the first drops fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.