PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangoghpipe

Lurker
Jun 21, 2019
Greetings from Minnesota! Very happy to be a part of an enthusiastic community! I have been smoking pipes since 1996. Occasionally I started smoking cigars but always came back to the pipe! My interest in pipes really began after finishing a major writing project on the spiritual dimensions of Vincent Van Gogh! Interestingly enough, pipes played a big role in his life and his sense of community!
I have many of the Ser Jacopo Picta series of Van Gogh pipes. I hope to introduce some of the to you as time goes by. In addition, I love to talk bible and theology while puffing on a tasty blend. Big C.S. Lewis fan!!! I also have some wonderful Peterson pipes from the Sherlock Holmes series as well as a few Meerschaum pipes!
I have some wonderful tobacco's in my cellar such as all the Frog Morton blends as well as 3 bags of Penzance. I enjoy trying different English blends and I’m open to a few great aromatics! One of my favorite things to do is get together with other pipe smokers and talk about religion and philosophy!
I’m open and eager to learn more about this ephemeral art from all of you! I write, lecture and lead adventure trips to Israel, Jordan, Poland, Italy and Ireland!
Good to meet you all!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Left Coast of the country. Very nice intro, and enjoy your time here.
No question or observation on pipe smoking is out of bounds.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome fellow Minnesotan! Looking forward to seeing some of your pipes when you can get around to it.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Just spent a few days in beautiful Albert Lea and Mankato visiting my wife’s family. Flatter than piss on a plate, but nice places, very small town america feeling. Welcome to the forum from Knik River, Alaska. My mother is a theologist with a Master’s degree in Pastoral Studies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Welcome aboard. Next time you go to Poland will you lecture them on how pipe smokers perceive their version of Condor? Hehe.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Greetings from Minneapolis. What part of Minnesota are you located? We have a pipe club meeting this Saturday in Maple Grove.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site. It sounds like you have much to offer as well as learn. I would suggest writing a book about this place. It is the number one pipe website and has a wide variety of characters, experts in their pipe related fields. For example we have a member who is the worlds authority on Barling made pipes. We have experts for Dunhill, GBD,Castello and many other factory and artisan made pipes.
We also have a guy who is considered the worlds most accomplished pipe restoration expert. You can write about me( what do I have to offer you ask, I know my flake tobaccos very well. We are an eclectic group with tons to offer. Now as far as compensation for out expertise we can have my lawyers meet up with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.