PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I purchased 2 ounces of this from the nice folks at 4 Noggins. I have now smoked it all, and thought I would share my impressions.

All of this was smoked in a MM Diplomat or Country Gent. These blends just seem to fit these pipes.

Granger is a pleasant, simple blend - the kind you can stick in your pipe, fire up, and not pay much attention to. It has a sweet, mild, slightly nutty taste. You could easily smoke it all day, if you wanted this sort of thing. It is not a bad smoke by any stretch of the imagination, but does not have anything to recommend it over any of the other "codger burleys". If I wandered into a store and found a pouch, I could happily smoke it - but it's not worth going out of my way for. I would give it a 5 out of 10 - an honest, classic smoke, with nothing especially good or bad about it to my palate. :puffy:

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
I bought a large tin of Granger. I was lured by it's historic fame. It gets used if I'm doing yard work. I found also that sprinkling latakia in it perks it up greatly. Nothing ever goes to waste at my house. I do prefer Carter Hall in a toss-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.