PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I screwed myself over thinking an order. I wanted to get my first tub of Granger. P&C has it at 19.94 and calls it Granger. Iwan Ries has it at $28.15 and calls it Granger Rough Cut, so I'm thinking it was a different style, and they had 15% off on everything. If I had clicked to enlarge the picture of the can on P&C you can see 'rough cut' on the label, but I didn't because I thought there were two different styles, and I wanted the 'rough cut'. To make my mistake even worse I went with 3 tubs of Granger at Iwan Ries in order to get the 'free' shipping. (I had other tubs of codger too) Therefore I cost myself over $24 minus 15%. Never realized my goof until I opened the box, and then immediately thought, you Dumb Ass! They are both the same thing! So live and learn. If that's the worse thing that happens, I'm cool with it. Pretty good at rationalizing it away aren't I?
tinner, Stan :oops:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Granger is Granger. There's only one. But you were working at sussing it out. Forget the slip and enjoy the leaf.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Granger: Dry it out a little and smoke it slow, sip, and it won't bite. If you do that, it all

depends on how you like burley. Some people can't taste it much, or at all. Others find

it tastes bad. But some people really like it, by itself and in blends. I think the bite from

Granger comes mostly from steam created by its moistness, which never entirely goes away,

but will diminish if you let a few pipe bowls dry out in a ceramic bowl or other container. Or

just leave the pouch open for a few hours.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
JYD I need to start comparing several burleys from otc. Granger, Sir WR, Velvet, Prince Al. Then straight white burley for blending. Then BWTB. Today I think I'll compare Granger with BWTB. Before some one corrects me, I know Prince Al and Sir WR are blended with some Virginia.
tinner, Stan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think once I ventured into C&D burley blends, it spoiled me for the OTC burley tobaccos, but I still like

a little Granger, Carter Hall, and PA from time to time. Some insist that Granger is an aromatic because of

its mystery casing or flavoring, but it seems pretty straightforward. Lanes Burley Without Bite is a good

smoke by itself and useful for mixing with other tobaccos or blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.