PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. That's my Boy, Hero Award in Robitics, looks like showing him how to hit the cat peeing off the Porch paid off. :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great budding young astronaut. I'm fascinated with the difficulty and technology of the next steps in space, whether future landing on the moon, or landing on asteroids, or the long reach to Mars. It's a lot more than it seemed when we were "conquering" the moon, but it is inevitable that people will try. I suspect it will be a multinational thing as the Space Station is now, because of expense. But it is fascinating to watch and try to figure out. Whether as traveler or ground crew, it's a definite career possibility. I don't think I'm suited to the prolonged confinement in space vehicles to have done this when it was age-appropriate, but I remember watching the moon landing on TV while we were scrubbing and waxing the barracks floor in radioman A school in the Navy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For the purpose of being an astronaut, would your grandson do best to learn Russian, Chinese, Hindi, or ... some other language? Decisions, decisions.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
What a handsome young man, Bradley! Smart as hell with an interest in the sciences.
He'll do well, pal.
Please help me keep them straight. Which one of your kiddos does this one belong to?
Fnord

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Jim that's the Twin girls son, she was a Crew Chief on a C-130 gun ship, in the Air Force, his Dad was a F-15 pilot in the Air Force, was in Desert Storm, now flies for Fed-Ex on an international route. I also didn't mention the Boy is an Eagle Scout. Whew I'm tired just spitting out those Alocades., amazing he came from a crusty old Cajun.that was raised on a farm.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I like his pedigree, Bradley.
UDT grandfather. (You were awarded the trident, Frogman. That makes you a slightly ancient SEAL any day of the week and twice on Sunday.)
AC-130U Spooky boss mom.
Eagle Driver/FedEx heavy pilot dad.
And this baby face got his Eagle at fifteen? (My twins were shaving - barely under the line before the 18th birthday cutoff when they got theirs.)
Pretty solid bloodlines, bub. Wish you had a couple dozen more to teach pissing off the porch and nailing the cat.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.