Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
regala.jpg

as recreated by Ed James....

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I have been digging on this pipe lately, for some reason.
It has only smoked Black Frigate and SWR in this incarnation.
It is such a smooth and easy smoker.
That is why so many of us chase these old Grabows.
I honestly can't say too much positive about the filter style Grabows (unless maybe you like the filtered smoke), and the blister pack models you see at the drug store don't really look that grand.
But these older adjustomatics and push stem Grabows really are nice looking and typically good smoking pipes.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm glad that Regal is smoking good for ya Jay. I gotta agree with you about the older pipes. I find that the newer pipes smoke fine,but- I smoke mostly filtered pipes, they don't quite measure up in the "fit and finish" as well as the older pipes. Even so,for what they cost they are a decent pipe,especially the Royaltons. It would be nice if they still made some of the shapes they used to make.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I have an old Regal that was my Grandpa's. It's a better smoker than the new one I had purchased. And oh yeah the Royalton's in a Bulldog are the bomb.

551241_420635071302094_175251826_n.jpg

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
I have been fixing to get a Dr. Grabow for a while now. I can't decide between a textured Lark, a bent or straight carved Riviera or a Regal. They all look good.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
+1,Besides a new 1 to support the factory also pick up an estate off ebay and enjoy the history.

Status
Not open for further replies.