PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Who is a happy guy?
Peck is a happy guy.
Look what my beloved wife just picked up at the post office.
I am very excited to try these. I even ordered an aromatic - Glynn's 2014 Christmas blend - which is unusual for me.
J1qyCk2.jpg

tLUm6zh.jpg

tzjUjku.jpg

ONstYCB.jpg

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Nice. I have not seen those before, are they European?
Gotta love a 'breakfast blend.'

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Peck, I think you are going to like them, Glynn is doing a very good job with his blends! No Classic English? That one is well worth a try. Sallow, they are from the UK.
Dave

Dec 24, 2012
How did you get these?!?!?! I have been dying to try his blends.
I ordered them from his site. http://www.gqtobaccos.com
You will note that I showed 7 packets in the first shot but only showed close-ups of six. That's because I ordered two of the Askwith Kakes, so I hope I like that blend.

Dec 24, 2012
I wish they were allowed to mail to the U.S.
I may be off base here, but I believe they are allowed to ship to the US but just not if the order was paid for via credit card because of credit card issuer restrictions. I don't have that issue as I am in Canada, but I would contact Glynn as I would surmise that payment can be made in other ways.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Cortez: you can get them in the US. Send Glynn a message for details.
Congrats to you, Peck. Haven't tried the Halfzware or Christmas Blend, but I sure did enjoy the others quite a bit. The Askwith is great. You'll love it!

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I'm also dying to try the askwith kake. Let us know what you think

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
As soon as I read about the high percentage of perique in Askwith Kake, I ordered some. We will see what 20% mixed with good Virginias tastes like. I know that it smells great but I have been too busy to try it. Today is the day! Peck, let us know what you think of it. I also ordered some OTC blends (Warrior Plug, St. Bruno Flake, Mic McQuaid Plug and Condor Brown) just to say I've tried them. Got some smoking to do!

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
Glynn's blends are all top notch, highly recommended. Smashing bloke as well and very knowledgable. Cypriot Sunset, Classic English and Clementine's Nip are all part of my regular rotation.
I'm not sure on ordering to the US and restrictions, but if people draw a blank i'm UK based and would be happy to trade any of his blends for US one's on a cost basis.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Happy times. I'm putting in an order from Glynn this week, mainly for Irish Slices and Bulwark Flake, but I'll have to try one or two of the GQ blends.
For those of you who have tried them, what were your favorite GQ blends?

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Pitch, excellent choices on the Bulwark and Irish Slices.
I have smoked all Glynn's blends, bar the aromatics. If you choose only two, I would strongly recommend the Askwith Kake and the Nottingham Lace Noir.
Chris

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Here's my reviews of the GQ blends I have tried if it helps. I enjoyed them all. Glynn is a master blender.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-gq-blend-reviews

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Here's my reviews of the GQ blends I have tried if it helps. I enjoyed them all. Glynn is a master blender.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-gq-blend-reviews
That's great, Jim. Will have a look at those, now.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Trailboss is saving that money for the $34.99 tins of Balkan Sobranie. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.