PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
I've read that a lot of folks use their gourd calabashes to tame those blends that bite because of the cool smoking nature and absorbency of the gourd, switching from all sorts of blends from VA's to aros to lats I was wondering what kind of ghosting affects are experienced due to the fact that the gourd does seem to be so absorbent. I recently purchased one and love how it smokes. It's only been used for VA's and I want to try other types of tobaccos but I feel like it would ghost even more than briar.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have a large Pioneer gourd that I admit I have not smoked in years. However, I think the trick is with the bowl and not the gourd itself. If you keep the bowl clean then ghosting should not be an issue. I'll leave it to other experts to comment.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I have smoked out of a maple calabash. One of the best smoking experiences I've ever had. I have one on order, but I'm fairly certain it was on flight 370 because I order it in December, still not here..

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have one from the turn of the century. Its OK and I last smoked it in some youtube footage for an advertisement advertising my friends up coming reality show!

Status
Not open for further replies.