PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Got a vasectomy today, it was a very easy procedure and relatively painless minus the freezing needles. Now 12 hours later I'm very uncomfortable anyone who has had this procedure I would love some advice on making this the most comfortable experience possible
Cheers

CBG

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
It'll feel better. I had mine done on Friday. 6 days later and just minor discomfort. Advil helps though. The worst was the needles, the next worst is the hair is starting to grow back.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
We have a local doc for that who is (in)famous - Dr. Richard Chopp... yes, Dick Chopp. He gives all the guys a t-shirt that says I got chopped by Dick Chopp.
Dr-Richard-Chopp.png

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
We have a local doc for that who is (in)famous - Dr. Richard Chopp... yes, Dick Chopp. He gives all the guys a t-shirt that says I got chopped by Dick Chopp.
Just made my night, I actually went and got my wife to read that. Absolutely amazing that man must have known at like 10 years old he was going to be a doctor and snip the "dick"

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Never had it done, but I am a nurse. Whatever they are recommending for pain meds: stay on it, around the clock, for several days. Don't wait for the pain to hit, stay ahead of it. Way easier to control pain than to catch up with it.
Also:

Ice

Jockstrap if recommended.
Cheers.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I got mine done 8 years ago. The procedure for me was very easy and painless. It was the 1-2 weeks that followed. I constantly used a bag of ice. That helped a lot. But eventually the pain will go away.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
I came in here thinking you got sniped on eBay, nope you meant snipped. I can't offer much advice as I haven't had the surgery but Advil is a blood thinner right? Shouldn't those be avoided after surgery?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I should have given you my advice about a week ago - DON'T!

I couldn't walk straight for a week... (15 years ago?) I think that I was off for a week.

Years later, I mention this to my Dad, now in his 90's. He mentions he had it done in the 70's when he was in the Army and he was stationed in Germany. I tell him that I don't remember that, how did he get time off? He tells me he had it done in the morning and went back to work that afternoon........tough old bird!

I hope you are feeling better!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
La-Z-Boy feet up, pain meds as directed, ice, good 'support' and don't even think about lifting anything heavier than your coffee mug.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Lots of ice. Try not to move around too much. The third day after mine, I started feeling a lot better. Just take it easy!

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Wow, can it really be 20 years since mine?
Back in my day, it was done with toenail clippers in an old chickenhouse. I drank a pint of Ye Old Painkiller, and old Doc Soames, the veterinarian, went to work with a boxcutter and wirestrippers. He didn't see too good, so it took about three hours, and blood was spraying all over. The nurse usually worked at the slaughterhouse, but he passed out after a few minutes.
As bad as it was, it wasn't as bad as being circumcised. I don't remember that, but I couldn't walk for a year.
And all we had was ice. Keep ice on it.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I came in here thinking "Does he really mean snipped, as in the boys got snipped?!?!"
Apparently the answer is yes.
And my wife and I have just broached the topic, you guys are freaking me out here!

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Oh man, I'm only 26 and already looking at getting this done as early as next year. I clicked this thread hoping to read, "Man, was that ever easy! I should've done this years ago. No pain, in fact it felt kind of nice."
:crying:

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Actually, it is pretty easy and the recovery time is pretty minimal. I used a bag a frozen peas and in two or three days I was feeling like my normal self. Look at it this way, it is MUCH SAFER and EASIER than your wife/girlfriend getting a tubal ligation--you can do this, Irwin! :clap:
The Dick Chopp ad is awesome--would have happily got it done from him just to get the t-shirt! Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer mistakenly receives a vanitylicense plate labeled "ASS MAN" which should have been delivered to Dr. Assman, a proctologist.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not a member of the clip club, but know it is much less invasive than the operation for a woman, by far. Hope

these wives know what a good guy they've got in all cases. Quick healing to you.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
First of all, canadianbiggame, I hope you heal quickly and are able to get comfortable very soon.
Not many people know of this procedure, but this is what I had done:
Essure
So, for those of you who have wives that are clamoring about you getting yours done because it's easier and less invasive...show them this. There is absolutely no cutting, sutures, etc., and is 100% permanent.
Yes gents...even less invasive and much less chance for complication than a vasectomy.
As you were. :wink:

Dec 24, 2012
I had the scalple free version done about 5 years ago - took about 15 minutes and I had no discomfort whatsoever.
I did a conference call an hour after I was done. No time off whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.