PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Quick update on my dad's army zippo. I just got it back with the pipe insert. Looks great and the ironic part is they sent back the old insert. They emailed yesterday saying the repair was finished and received it today. Will post pics as soon as the camera battery is charged. So so happy.

zipporepair002.jpg

zipporepair005.jpg

zipporepair003.jpg

It's circa 1984..a couple yrs younger than myself.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
i thought i had lost mine a few months ago. bought it @ the px @ ft knox in 1976 and it has been my constant companion more or less since then.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
sorry to hear that maduroman. I just like them for the ease of use. I just got an ear full of stories about the friend who gave dad the lighter. No sense in letting classics just sit. Maduro have you thought about going back to the px to get another?

maduroman

May 15, 2010
i had lost it for 3 months, searched everywhere, did eveything but pull the seats outa my truck.
couple weeks ago was unloading something from the back of my truck and there it was... in the truck bed.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nice! They've returned both of my original inserts. One, after return doesn't even appear to be a Zippo! (but the case is) They also included a small pack of flints with each return.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I believe they return the old insert so that you can also put that back in and use it like normal (for cigars or cigarettes). Great looking lighter you have there.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Appreciate the compliments guys. The best part of it is the stories that accompany the lighter. It allows dad revisit his tours overseas in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.