PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
Good luck lol. By searching in the forum you can find many alternative tobaccos that have been recommended.

Though that may not be what you are looking for and just want to real deal. In that case, I'm sure with

doing some internet searches you can find a seller. With that you need to be prepared to, in some cases pay through the nose.
I've tried both Stonehaven and Penzance, all though they were good I don't understand how they warrant such inflated prices. The Don King of pipe tobacco really did a great job of hyping them up lol.
I do wish you luck though in your search, and hey if that's what you like I say go for it.

I really think all the hype and everything associated with it has soured me towards it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Everybody and their brothers are wanting Stonehaven. I don't see many people smoking it in the WAYS threads on the forums I am on. Guess they either don't have it, or are hoarding it.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@Jason- I know this nice, quiet place in the country. No telephones, no internet. Just a lot of meditation, group support, and Carter Hall in cobs. The staff is top-notch. Why, they'll have you off that stuff in no time!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Hell, I would well imagine that there are those who are buying and hording both Stonehaven and Penzance even though they really don't have all that much interest in the blends just for the sake of 'having' them. I have and have smoked both, and albeit they are are admittedly good tobaccos there are others just as good, if not better. Do yourself a favor and don't fall into all of the unwarranted over hyped insanity over these elusive tobaccos as it's not worth the effort, much less the expenditure. :wink:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lately it seems the only thing more popular than buying Stonehaven and Penzance is proclaiming it as overhyped and not worth it. I've bought it anytime the opportunity arises and as was stated above, I buy it not to smoke it, not anytime soon. While its fine and tasty tobacco, with ten plus years on it it's Epic. I buy it so that I can have it once aged.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
There is no substitute for Stonehaven. Unless you count Germain Rich Dark Flake, which from my understanding is Stonehaven. And no easier to get in the US.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
RDF is not Stonehaven but it is close. It has a subtle difference that stands on its own. It is just as amazing imo.
Penzance and Stonehaven are always available but you have to pay for it. If you want to spend $30 - $40 a bag then you will need to be in the right place at the right time. If you want to pay $100 - $125 a bag then you can always find it. :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Even if you're willing to pay $125 it's still hard to find and it sells as soon as it's posted. Pipestud seems to have an 8oz bag every other week or so. I respond the second it's posted and I still miss out most times. Is it worth it? Not right now. In a decade it will have been VERY worth it. With a decade of aging and ten years gone by, we'll be talking about how we scored Stonehaven for only $125.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I just smoked a bowl of Stonehaven and posted it in the WAYS thread night before last. I'd post it every night, but I've only got a pound and if I smoked it every night I'd run out before I can find more. My last Stonehaven find was 10 months ago.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I rember when this happened with sg blends. Namely fvf. Now it is back in supply everywhere. I can only hope the same happens with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.