PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I should preface this post by saying that I have been smoking a pipe continuously for a little more than a year now, and in that time, I have never met a pipe tobacco that made me feel as though it had a large dose of nicotine. There were some that I noticed its presence was more known than a few others, but never anything that gave me a certified "buzz", nothing that knocked me on my ass and made the room spin and made me feel a little funny after all was said and done. Last night, that very thing finally happened.
At the recommendation of a forum member, I ordered some Cornell and Diehl Montford Point Marine with my last order. I had asked you guys for some good blends with Dark Fired Kentucky, and this one seemed to fit the bill nicely. I loaded my Sav 320 EX with some and lit it up. It was a little hard to light at first, but once I got it going I was really getting into it. Big, bold flavors, fairly spicy, had that hint of smokiness from the Latakia, and the Kentucky was really rich, earthy, deep, spicy, and just a little hint of toasted nuts. Really digging it, I smoked all the way down to the bottom of the first bowl, got up to load another one, and I could feel a little nic kick. I was calm, feeling no pain, and just generally felt satisfied.
Then I made the mistake of loading a second bowl. Let's just say that by the end of bowl 2, I started to stand up and was immediately knocked back into my seat. The nicotine hit me with the force of a semi, and I was dizzy and couldn't concentrate. I was a mess, and I definitely won't be doing that again.
So if you guys want a lot of nicotine, go for some Montford Point Marine! :mrgreen:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Sounds interesting. How heavy would you say the perique is? I like a little perique but not too keen on the blends that have lots of it.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
:laughat: Been there. Done that.
But anymore I really need to work hard to reach that effect. I still remember when coffee kicked my butt. Now I can drink a pot before bed and go right to sleep.

Jul 15, 2011
How heavy would you say the perique is?
I don't know if it was the interaction of the Kentucky and the Perique or if there is a lot of Perique, but in any case this blend had some spice behind it, not uncomfortable for me but it was there to be sure. If you don't like real heavy spiciness or perique presence, I'd steer clear. This blend is a powerhouse and definitely will not be an all day smoke for me, but itll be perfect for those long days, the ones at the end of which I want to hit someone. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.