PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Well it finally happened, I woke up this morning and I had won my 1970 Dunhill. It is a little worse for wear and tear for being 42 years old but heck so am I. It should clean up pretty nice with minimal work to deoxidize the stem. There is some rim wear but it doesn't look too bad. It is a group 3 but some of my favorite flakes smoke really well from a group 3. I didn't want to spend a lot for a factory pipe even if it is a Dunhill. I was lucky enough to get it for $116 plus $9 shipping from the UK. IMHO I got it for a pretty decent price. :D
dh1.jpg

dh2.jpg

dh3.jpg

dh4.jpg

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Congratulations!! The pipe I am smoking is dedicated to you and your new piece. Good looking pipe!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Congrats Chris! That's one of my favorite shapes and looks like a Cumberland stem too! I'd say you scored nicely :)

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I love that shape, and that's a great finish with the little bit of red poking out. Very cool!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sounds like a deal to me. That is very handsome and won't require much work. I think that I would want a birth year Dunhill to have a little character and not be prisitine.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Looks like a nice one Chris! It should clean up nicely. 1970--I cannot remember 1970,well parts of it...

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Beautiful pipe at a great price. You shot and scored, Chris. And I'll throw in with, Al. A birth year pipe should have as much character as you.

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
That is a beautiful Lovat! I got my Birth year Dunhill, afraid to smoke it haha, one day I shall Im sure, hope you enjoy yours!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I'm with Al. I think that getting a birth year Dunhill and making it just right yourself

is the way to go. You'll cherish it more that way.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on finding your birth year Dunhill. I was able to find mine as well. I hope you have many years of pleasure from your pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.