PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Here's a new pencil shanked pot that I got on a trade. I had never heard of Volker Bier before I was offered this, but I must say that I'm certainly a fan now! He doesn't have much of a social media presence and his site is in German... :( But still worth a look lol! His attention to detail is just spot on. The pipe is carefully drilled and incredibly symmetrical in its shaping. This one is about 7 1/4 in long, fairly light (to me at least,) and smokes as cool ass snowman sweat! Traded it with my buddy Yves (Ygrek Pipes), whom if you haven't had the chance to meet you certainly should give him a holler. He's as friendly as he is talented.

Stay Smokey , my friends!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
That's one large piece of beautiful workmanship, great shape and beautiful birdseye, would look just right with Brad's face behind it but looks great on you as well, enjoy! I have two of Ygrek's pipes, one is a Sea Rose bowl for my Falcon the other he calls the Headless Armadillo with bamboo shank, love them both. Warm regards..............

banjo

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
It's not a heavy pipe. It's just not a balanced pipe so it'll "pull" when you clench it. Of course I don't really clench this one though.

May 31, 2012
Wow,

what a great pipe!
Man, is it a good looker.
Quite a few of the German makers are doing supergood stuff, we hardly have any exposure to them it seems...
...I've been wanting a Tommi Teichmann, amongst a few others.
From the looks of your pipe,

I'd be very happy with a Volker Bier for sure.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's maybe the most elegant pot shape pipe I've seen, just impeccable.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Awesome!
I didn't think it was that big of a pipe until the last picture.
Great lookin' pipe.
I hope it smokes great for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.