PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Finally got it today. Looking forward to enjoying saturday night after my little guys birthday party. As a proud member of the BlackBloods Society I will of course be christening it with a bowl of Black House.

PM2012a.jpg

PM2012.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how it colors.
Quick question, if I wanted to shine her up, would there be a problem with hitting her with some bees was with a wheel?

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Mine came with a semi-dull shine, but after a few bowls and the wax sinking in, it now has a nice shine to it. I think when you rewax it, your supposed to use a soft rag to buff it and remove excess wax. I don't think the buffer wheel would be a wise decision...

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
+1 meerschaum is very fragile. Have to keep that in mind. I would smoke it a few times and then see how it looks. It shouldn't need any beeswax new.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Hehe, I'm not concerned with the looks now. It's really quite nice. I was just wondering down the road if it gets dull like briar. Thanks for the warnings. I really don't know if I can hold out until tomorrow night. I might just break it in with the After Midnight Club.

mikemacrdlnds

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 21, 2011
Do not hit it with a wheel, if you loose control you have lost a great pipe. Just rub with soft cloth, and smoke it. It will start to color and that is want you want. Meerschums are not shiny like a briar. Bees wax will only seal the pipe and later bring out the color. I just wipe them clean with a soft cloth, and wax them every two to three years.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Please no wheel! Just some bees wax and soft cloth like already stated. Gratz. Sweet meer!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yep. Just an old clean t-shirt for me. Dremel wheels are too fast and I don't have a professional quality buffing wheel, but meerschaum is too soft for that IMO. Love the blue stem and the big tin of BH!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Thanks for the heads up. I'll leave the wheel for the briar.

Couldn't wait for "After Midnight Club". Had to load up some Black House, pour some Kraken and break out the matches.
BHKraken.jpg

BTW, these are the little goodies Yavuz put in the order, I guess for the wait.

Untitled-12.jpg

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
That is a good looking pipe, for sure! I must admit, though, I'm a little jealous over the "extra" I've seen a few folks get added in as my son was promised a meer tamper to go with mine since it was a gift and no tamper was in the package. I wish I didn't know it was "supposed" to be there! LOL

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Greg, PM Yavuz directly. I know he keeps his word, so if that was the agreement, I am very confident it was just an oversight and he will make good on it. Seeing the "extras" that some are receiving only speaks further of Yavuz' commitment to customer service.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
:( ... well I still want to commission a Werewolf pipe from you... so that one will kick ass and will most likely be my favorite pipe of all time :D
in regards to that... do I need to send you a sketch of what Im looking for? and then you give me a price? ... ultimately I would like it to be your "vision" but I do have ideas.
Anyways you can PM me if you'd like.
Thanks,

Erick.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Yavuz, you don't need to do that. I didn't PM you about it (and should have not mentioned it here but I wasn't thinking) because it isn't worth costing you extra for that small item. I do appreciate the offer but it's not nesacary.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Yavuz, I appreciate it. You are a gentleman in my book. I look forward to using it when it arrives with pleasure. Oh, and with my sweet smoking bulldog! :puffpipe:

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Such a pretty piece of meer. I am living vicariously through your pictures and eagerly anticipating the arrival of mine. Happy Smoking..

Status
Not open for further replies.