PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Got dispatched to a brush fire today. A fella was burning some leaves and it got out of control; it spread about 25-30 feet into the woods. Luckily there was almost no wind today or it would have been much worse. Not a huge deal, but my adrenaline was through the roof. Now that the adrenaline is wearing off I am beat. Safe to say I am still loving this and glad that I decided to take the chance in giving it a go.
Hope everyone is doing well. Miss you guys, but I'm trying to stay focused in class and have been doing a ton of volunteer hours with my department and doing rides with Joplin in hopes that they will recognize that I am a hard worker and might hire me in January.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Back in the eighties, a buddy and I were shooting rockets in the daytime after July 4 in the country near Rio Vista TX (way south of Ft Worth by the Brazos river). We turned around and saw a tree completely engulfed in flames, maybe 50ft high. We instantly knew this was not a fire we would be able to extinguish, and frantically called the volunteer fire department. It started spreading across the fields to the neighbor's house. We scurried around grabbing all the spent rockets in the road.
When the firemen got there, they drove their truck into the field and put out the fire. We asked them what they thought had caused it. They said probably some jerk throwing his cigarette butts out the window. We agreed. Haven't shot fireworks since. Stay safe grizzers!

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Looks like you're making all the right moves there. Hope it works out with the Joplin FD, best wishes from a fellow-fireman from across the big pond.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Keep it up man and good luck. Im on shift right now, been up since about 3: 30 a.m. running calls and now I cant get back to sleep. We had a good structure fire 2 shifts ago. Hope your hard work pays off.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
custom20pumper20fire20truck.jpg

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
hang in there grizzly86 bro. hey smeigs i remember those nights. up and down all night, iam a retired volunteer 1981-2004 with lyndon fd in louisville,ky. i always had a pipe with me on fires. i love the fd. you guys becareful on the streets and in the firehouse.
mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.