PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I went to town to pick my brother up from basketball practice, and decided to check the mail(my dad didn't check it when he went into town). I figured I'd just have a slip telling me I had a package, and would have to pick it up tomorrow. As luck would have it, there was a tiny package in my PO Box with my name on it. So here is the picture of the Falcon. It is my second Falcon. It has a crack on the bowl, but I knew about that when I bought it. The crack just gives me a good excuse to buy a meer-lined bowl in the future. The guy I bought it from said it is from the 50s. For those that want to see the rest of my collection, click here.
attachment_zps8c57b13c.jpg

lordwolf

Might Stick Around
Feb 12, 2013
United States
Beautiful pipe. I personally smoke the heck out of my falcons. While I may enjoy a good peterson or dunhill at the end of the day, its the falcons that take the brunt of my smoking. They are so hardwearing too. I just toss them in the washer at the end of the day and BAM. Clean as a whistle. Those bowls can be pricey new though. Check the local B&Ms for pieces! Again nice pipe! I like the bent models. :puffy:

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Those bowls can be pricey new though. Check the local B&Ms for pieces! Again nice pipe! I like the bent models.

Best price I've found for a new bowl is close to $40, $50 for a meer-lined. The closest B&M to me is almost an hour away. I don't get out there enough.

lordwolf

Might Stick Around
Feb 12, 2013
United States
Yes it does! Just screw off the bowl, toss it in, and let it go! After they are done I run pipe cleaners through them and toss them back in my bag for abuse the next day.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I must try the dishwasher thing today. I had never even thought of that. :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Falcons are neat looking. I like that they take an entirely different approach to stem materials and

find a devoted following. I'm pretty stuck on briar, with a couple of Mountain Laurel pipes (which

I guess are really briar too) and corncobs. No meerschaums because I'm afraid that would start

a whole new collection! But maybe some day the Falcon bug will bite me. I like the independent

mode, the interchangeable bowls, and all. Happy smoking.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
Congratulations on the Falcon - enjoy it for many years to come!

Looks like it could use a bit of metal polish and beeswax or carnuba for the bowl.
As for the dishwasher idea, I'm against it; I think subjecting the aluminum frame to the hot temperatures of the dishwasher could be detrimental over time. Also, the mouthpiece, which should not be removed, will probably suffer even more.

Better to use the conventional cleaning methods to ensure a long-lasting Falcon.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I did the dishwasher thing, and It helped clean it up a bit, but it still needed cleaning. It was pretty dirty, but it is now smokeable. I'm gonna let it dry out, and then I will test it out tomorrow.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
"I did the dishwasher thing, and It helped clean it up a bit, but it still needed cleaning. It was pretty dirty, but it is now smokeable. I'm gonna let it dry out, and then I will test it out tomorrow."
It's really a pity that you are using this method, which is going to kill the mouthpiece over time. In addition, a dishwasher will not remove all the dried gunk from the frame or humidome. You should use a high percentage isopropal alcohol or vinegar, and some elbow grease! Why take "good enough" short cuts? IMO,your Falcon deserves more respect than that. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.