PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2017
Purchased this bad boy last week. It was certainly Love at first site. I've only got the photo's from the good people at Smoking Pipes for know, but they shall have to suffice! She smokes excellent. Truly a joy in the hand, and the mouth.
The shaping is excellent. Stout, but not disproportionate. The copious bowl is lasts for nearly two hours at my smoking speed. The stem is a gorgeous swirled acrylic and the colors compliment the stain. Speaking of the stain, it just makes the grain pop. Definitely my favorite pipe that I own.
002-203-4152_1.2616.jpg

002-203-4152.7210.jpg

The photos don't this girl justice. Perhaps one day when weather is right I'll get some photos.

Reactions: Pierre1965

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Very nice. I bought one a while back, beautiful thing. Wouldn’t pass a pipe cleaner without effort. I sent it back. I have another, great smoker.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Nice one.

I've been eyeing Neerup pipes lately myself. They never appealed to me when perusing online until I held one of their acorns that I really liked in a B&M. Now I know it's only a matter of time until I see the right one and make it mine.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I love Neerup pipes, and that one is a true beauty. I have 4 of them so far, and they all smoke wonderfully and are a pleasure to look at. Congrats!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I only have one pot, and it's a Neerup. Picked it up during the 2014 IPSD sale. Peder makes a good pipe!
002-203-1446.jpg

Reactions: Pierre1965
I have a Neerup that my wife gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I love their proportions, which are unique, even for Danes. The pipe my wife gave me really surprised me at how well it smokes. I love what they do with the mottled staining the pipe to bring attention to the grain.
Congrats! I hope she proves to be a great smoker for you.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Neerup are so handsome. They have a distinctive and refined design, and always get the stains, bands, and stems just right. Visually, they do look front-loaded to me. I like a big bowl, but they look hard to clench. How are they? The owners sound happy, so that's the point.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Both the OP and Embers' Neerups are really nice! I haven't paid attention to them for a long time, but I recall reading somewhere that Neerups are supposed to be a great value.

Yeh, you can get a Neerup workhorse for dirt cheap, like under $150. And, the high ends are still usually rather cheap, keeping it around $300. For what you get, it's a steal. But, of course, some guys who are on more strict budgets might think otherwise. It just depends on your own situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.